Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FL: 2001 Honda S2000 Turbo -- Hardtop, F22c swap, Upgraded Diff, Stoptechs

Old 05-20-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by turbojonn
Did not work out
<br /><br />Wtf. Why not?
Old 05-20-2017, 05:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is back up for sale.

Since I want to avoid any future issues please be aware of the following:

I will be adding this to the original post but any future buyers please be aware that the car does make noises that are not consistent with a stock S2000. This is a highly modified car with an aftermarket differential (and mounting kit), axles, driveshaft, exhaust etc... that make noises of a highly modified car. I have driven the car with these noises for a long time with no mechanical issues to show, thus to me these are normal noises. As a related item, all future buyers interested in an inspection will need to make inspection arrangements completely on their own and independent from me. I will NOT make recommendations of where to take the car and will not be a middleman for any inspections. I will drop the car off, let them do their thing and then you will need to gather the results and deal with the mechanic/shop on your own time and draw your own conclusions.

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis
Wtf. Why not?
As addressed above, the buyer felt the car made problematic noises that were not reported on the inspection. He did not feel comfortable buying the car as is. I still feel confident these noises are normal for the modifications done to the car and welcome an inspection done at any shop of a buyers choosing.

Last edited by TerminatioN; 05-20-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:18 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Hi All,

I'm the guy who looked at the car. I'm afraid I put Will through the ringer on this one, and we both had the best of intentions. The rear end does make a per rotation clunk, but as Will said, it's been this way all along, and has hard mounts as well, which amplifies these things. The car is stupid fast and handles like it's on rails. The clutch is grabby as "F" which is likely normal for a clutch like this one. I had planned on this being my daily driver, which in Seattle's stop and go might not be the smartest choice. I didn't know any mechanics in Florida and asked Will if he did. The guy he referred me to was less than stellar, but Will had zero control over that. Stuff can get sideways cross country.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for me to part ways with my similarly built s2k. Hope I don't have such a difficult time selling! Glws
Old 06-14-2017, 10:27 AM

Old 06-14-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Differential

Hey guys . Really looking for a trusted company or professional. I have a stock 2006 Ap2 honda s2000 with 50k on it . The garage just told me i need a new differential and there asking $7000 for everything and i was like no . If im going to be paying that much , ill wait for it to break first, but i wanted to know if i should buy a stock one or is there somewhere i can get something strong because i will be supercharging around 500-525whp . So it's probably pointless to go with stock , so i need something that wont break or give me problems.please help me . Thank you. Btw i have the whole act clutch setup already for the sc and axles...
Old 06-15-2017, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...clean. I wish i had the $. Good luck
Old 06-15-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Haxc_24
Hey guys . Really looking for a trusted company or professional. I have a stock 2006 Ap2 honda s2000 with 50k on it . The garage just told me i need a new differential and there asking $7000 for everything and i was like no . If im going to be paying that much , ill wait for it to break first, but i wanted to know if i should buy a stock one or is there somewhere i can get something strong because i will be supercharging around 500-525whp . So it's probably pointless to go with stock , so i need something that wont break or give me problems.please help me . Thank you. Btw i have the whole act clutch setup already for the sc and axles...
I think you posted in the wrong thread bud lol. But 7k is ridiculous unless it's a full ford 8.8 kit with a new diff installed. A puddymod stage 4 is around 3k and you pick your gear ratio and I don't think anyone has broken one to date so it will be fine for your power level. You coukd install it yourself in a day as well if you're a little mechanically inclined and have a motorcycle jack and a buddy to help.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:46 AM

Yeah wrong thread man, this is a for sale thread. You will have more luck by starting a new thread in the proper forum.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
Yeah wrong thread man, this is a for sale thread. You will have more luck by starting a new thread in the proper forum.
Hey will I have a stock 05 rio yellow with 67k miles in tally as well. You should trade me cuz mine will be easier to sell lol

Quick Reply: FL: 2001 Honda S2000 Turbo -- Hardtop, F22c swap, Upgraded Diff, Stoptechs