Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: 2002 Sebring Silver S2000 (Virginia) - like new!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2002 Sebring Silver S2000 (Virginia) - like new!

For Sale

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible

Mileage: 43,500

Condition: Excellent

Color: Sebring Silver with black interior

Asking price: $15,900 (negotiable)

All stock, never any engine or suspension modifications on this car by either owner. The title is clear and in my name.

Included Extras:
(2011)Pioneer headunit; bluetooth/USB/mp3/CD
(2011) installed Infinity component door speakers (huge improvement!)
Honda front OEM lip
Honda rear trunk spoiler (factory installed)
Honda JDM fluted clear diffusers
Honda JDM clear side markers
Amber LED front parking lights and side marker lights
White LED license plate light
Honda OEM S2000 factory car cover
Honda OEM top boot (black)
Brand new (10 miles on them) Hankook Ventus V12 EVO tires
Factory cup holder ash tray (never used, neither owner smoked)
Factory wheel lock key
Factory jack kit and spare tire (never used)
Headlights are Lamin-X clear film coated which resists stone chips and damage from the elements. The headlights look brand new because of this.

I have owned this S2000 for 6 years. I bought her from the original owner in 2006 who was a member on S2Ki as well. When I bought the car it had 15,900 miles on it. The car is in essentially the same condition now that it was in 2006, just a few more miles! The paint is all original and shows very minimal imperfections. Always garaged, always babied, driven only on weekends. I have never even parked this car in parking lots next to another car for fear of door dings! This is a great example of a well cared for S2000. I really REALLY do not want to sell the S2000 but I also have 2 other cars and a motorcycle and just got married and bought a house last year so one of the "toys" has to go and the S2000 is the one I use the least. There is no sense in it just sitting unloved while I'm out on the motorcycle, might as well let another enthusiast enjoy it.

Mobil 1 10W30 oil with Purolator Pure One filters since 2006, changed every 4,000 miles. The original owner also used Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 filters. The differential oil was changed once by the previous owner and twice by me. I have flushed the power steering fluid once, the brake fluid 2 times and the coolant twice. The front brake pads were changed once and have plenty of life left, this car is driven like a granny 95% of the time. Southern car has never seen snow or ice.

Open to all inquiries/questions. You can PM, email me through the forum or simply email me at: jlude01@gmail.com

Thank you.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 AM

BUMP for 18 new pictures (taken July 9, 2012) added!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:41 AM

Hi

I would like to know if the top has been replaced and does it have a glass rear window and if the cluch has been replaced .I am a new member of s2k1 forms.I am 70 years old and had a TR3 years ago.
I noticed on your orginal post you might let the car go for 12k .I did not see this on your updated post with more pictures.I am just looking at this time ,

I am looking for a S2000 to drive on weekends with no mods that has not been run hard.I do not want to have to any repairs just a good clean car

Thanks Dave
Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 AM

I sent you an email through the forum.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doghousewheaten
Hi

I would like to know if the top has been replaced and does it have a glass rear window and if the cluch has been replaced .I am a new member of s2k1 forms.I am 70 years old and had a TR3 years ago.
I noticed on your orginal post you might let the car go for 12k .I did not see this on your updated post with more pictures.I am just looking at this time ,

I am looking for a S2000 to drive on weekends with no mods that has not been run hard.I do not want to have to any repairs just a good clean car

Thanks Dave
Dave,

Thanks for the inquiry.

The top is original with glass rear window and absolutely no tears. The car is used so infrequently and I have treated the top every 2 months with 303 Aerospace protectant so it still looks new.

I had no idea Ap1's were worth more than $12K in my original post so I have since priced it reasonably with some room for wiggle but I feel that it's well priced based on it's immaculate condition and low mileage compared to similar Ap1's I am finding for sale right now. I want to sell it but I don't need to sell it. I would rather hold on to it for 6 months then sell it to some kid who just got his license who is just going to wrap it around a tree. I want a true S2000 enthusiast to enjoy this car, the car deserves that.

The clutch is original. I've never launched the car hard, I drive like a pansy and always have. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing the car a disservice by not hitting VTEC more than about once every 200 miles.

This car has definitely not been run hard. The first owner was about 40 years old, married with 3 kids and only used it on weekends. I bought it at age 27 and used as a weekend car for 6 years. The only time it has seen VTEC more than once in the same day was the 2 times I took it to the Tail of the Dragon. The engine almost never needs oil added. I'd say in 4,000 miles it might need 0.75 quart added which is very low consumption for an Ap1 from what I've read on S2Ki in the past 7 years.

I am working with a potential buyer right now but if you are still interested shoot me an email or PM.

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:00 PM

Hi

I tried to send you a e mail through the forums it was rejected please advise how to contact you .Thanks for the info on your car .

Dave
Old 07-10-2012, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by JLUDE
I had no idea Ap1's were worth more than $12K in my original post so I have since priced it reasonably with some room for wiggle but I feel that it's well priced based on it's immaculate condition and low mileage compared to similar Ap1's I am finding for sale right now. I want to sell it but I don't need to sell it. I would rather hold on to it for 6 months then sell it to some kid who just got his license who is just going to wrap it around a tree. I want a true S2000 enthusiast to enjoy this car, the car deserves that.
Not to be an a$$, but this is when then and than makes a big difference.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:12 AM

I shot you an email, and I never heard anything back from you. I'm sure you're getting a lot of people contacting you, but it's hard for me to make a counter offer when I'm ignored. Let me know if your buyer falls through.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by VSid
Originally Posted by JLUDE' timestamp='1341954021' post='21849112
Not to be an a$$, but this is when then and than makes a big difference.
You make a very good point! haha.

Originally Posted by Doghousewheaten
Hi

I tried to send you a e mail through the forums it was rejected please advise how to contact you .Thanks for the info on your car .

Dave
Originally Posted by bobby.is.rad
I shot you an email, and I never heard anything back from you. I'm sure you're getting a lot of people contacting you, but it's hard for me to make a counter offer when I'm ignored. Let me know if your buyer falls through.
Sorry about that. I suppose I never updated my email address on here. Please email me at jlude01@gmail.com.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:48 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Bump for a great guy!

Quick Reply: FS: 2002 Sebring Silver S2000 (Virginia) - like new!