Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2008 S2000 CR Apex Blue Pearl 53k Miles - SoCal

Old 06-13-2020, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS: 2008 S2000 CR Apex Blue Pearl 53k Miles - SoCal

Name: Syed
Price: 39k as is / 35k without coilovers, brakes, headers, sway bars,
I made a post earlier this week, however this is no longer a feeler ad as I’ve put a deposit on another vehicle and need to sell this ASAP to clear up some garage space for the new vehicle.

Here are the details on the vehicle

2008 Apex Blue Pearl CR
53,xxx miles
Clean Title
No Accidents
All 10 VIN tags present
All original paint, no accidents
Fenders have been rolled to accommodate wider tires

Car is modified, however nothing minus the rolled fenders is irreversible. One of the previous owners removed the AC from the vehicle, however I believe I have all of the parts necessary to reinstall it. I will not be reinstalling it as I do not want to deal with the hassle of it, but it shouldn’t be a very difficult task. I purchased the vehicle from a forum owner who meticulously took care of this thing and was on top of everything mechanically. I purchased it at 49k miles and have added 4k miles over the past year and a half. The car is a joy to drive and setup extremely well. All the modifications are high end and only add to the experience of the vehicle.

Exterior: 8- 8.5 out of 10. Paint is in good shape however there some rock chips as this vehicle was used primarily for autox in the past and has seen several track days. However, no scratches, no dings or dents. Part of the rear bumper is burned due to the exhaust hanger breaking, however you can't actually notice it unless you look from underneath. I have included pics of it. The rock chips are mostly present on the rear part of the rocker panel and part of the front fender behind the tire. There are also some on the front bumper / hood. It is pretty hard to capture these chips in pictures, especially in day light, however they are present and in certain lighting it is more visible. I’ve tried to capture them as best as I can in pictures. Once again I’m pointing this out to be as up front as possible, however I am probably being over critical as you’ll be able to see from the pics.

Interior Condition: 9.5/10. The driver’s seat bolster has a bit of wear, otherwise it is in great shape.

Mechanical Condition: 10/10

The car has been modified for autox use and is a joy to drive. I have many of the stock parts available minus the stock wheels and exhaust system. I will not return the vehicle to stock, however I am happy to remove certain parts (coilovers, brakes, sway bars, potentially headers) and sell for a lower price if the prospective buyer would like to go that route.

Modifications:

Suspension:
Penske 8300 double adjustable
Shock tuning by Damperworks - Guy Ankeny
850 # main with Hyperco helper springs front 700 # main springs rear
Karcepts shock tops
Karcepts 6-way front SB
Karcepts 6-way rear SB
SPC Adjustable ball joints
Megan front strut bar

Engine:
3R racing intake (K&N) and enclosure
Fluidamper performance damper
Renegade racing expansion
Saikau Michi two stage oil catch can
Ti radiator mounts
Urge unicorn header
T1R exhaust
Berk 100 cell cat
Hondata engine management
Optima yellow top battery
Science of Speed hood dampers
APR carbon plug cover
APR carbon radiator plate

Brakes:
URGE rear vented disc and modified caliper
Stoptech ST40 front brakes
Stoptech stainless steel braided lines
Endless RF650 Fluid
Carbotech XP12 Pads

Wheels:
949 racing 17x9 6UL wheels in dark gray
10mm wheel spacers
APR front wheel studs
Hankook RS4 255/40/17 x4 – pretty new

Misc:
HASport Alum rear diff mounts
Silicone radiator hoses
Science of Speed front tow
OMP steering wheel
Quick release (I forget the brand but it's a high end swedish motorsport company, FIA approved)
Battlecraft tear drop knob

Recent maintenance:
Wheel bearings all 4 done beginning of 2018 OE
Clutch summer 2018 - Science of Speed stage 2
Front fender liners September 2018
Rear LSD - Puddy Mod 1.5+ service / rebuild seals, bearings, ring, pinion, etc 2018
Under my ownership:
OE axles - March 2020
All fluids changed using only the best (motul 300v, amsoil trans fluid, motul diff fluid, endless brake fluid) - April 2020
Upgraded the audio system with Polk audio db6502 and alpine head unit, have stock unit and speakers
Clutch master cylinder - April 2020
Alignment by Chewerks - April 2020

Stock Parts Included with Sale:
CR shocks
CR tops
CR front bar
CR rear bar
Front damper pulley
Radiator expansion
Hood prop
Plug cover
Radiator plate
Front brake caliper and disks
Rear diff carrier mounts
Radiator hoses
Header, catalytic converters
Big plastic Air box
Hardtop cloth cover
All A/C parts
Stock steering wheel
Stock shift knob

Known Issues:

Traction control is permanently off due to a VSA issue. I believe this occurred when I installed the aftermarket steering wheel. The airbag light is also on because of this as I did not install the resistor on the wiring for it. I believe reinstalling the stock steering wheel should resolve this, however there is a possibility it may need a new steering angle sensor.

Brakes squeal as they're race pads. Will purchase some normal pads if you so desire.

Price:

$39.5k obo as is with everything on it

$36.5k obo with stock shocks, sway bars, brakes, headers

There are things I may have missed to address in this ad so please feel free to give me a call or text at 818 817 1680 whenever and I’m happy to answer any questions to the best of my abilities.

Old 06-21-2020, 05:57 PM

Updated price:

$37.5k obo as is

$35k obo without coilovers, stoptech brakes, karcepts bars, urge headers (will return to stock-ish)

Looking to make a deal as I'm flying out to pick up this cars replacement next week. This car is not perfect but presents well and is a driver's car as opposed to something that will just sit in the garage and look pretty. However with a bit of elbow grease it can still be returned to stock for someone who would prefer to preserve it.

Old 07-19-2020, 12:10 AM

Coilovers, away bars, and headers have been removed and returned to stock. Also returned steering wheel and shift knob to stock. Going to return front BBK and intake to stock this coming week. Will also probably be returning exhaust to stock ap2 exhaust (not a CR exhaust).

Received tons of interest but no longer going to hold the car for anyone as I was previously doing and lost out on several potential buyers. First person with an offer closest to $34k takes it. The way I see it, clean low mileage ap2's go for $20-25k. Factor in an OEM hardtop and you're close to $25-30k and ABP is CR specific (well at least stateside). There are still random bits and pieces on the car that one could easily sell to cover the cost of stock parts if they wanted to get it as close to stock as possible. I know this car isn't perfect and bone stock as people would like, but it is a drivers car and with a bit of work it can be closer to perfect. It still presents well and I also believe this will probably be the last time you'll see these cars at these prices. It actually bums me out to sell it, but now is not the time for me to have multiple toys so it's gotta go. I know I'll be back in a s2k again sometime in the future.

Text or call me at 818 817 1680 for the quickest response. Cheers!
Old 08-05-2020, 03:52 PM

SOLD! Thanks for all the interest!
The following users liked this post:
pastoli (08-06-2020)