The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Cast off ankle, walking boot

Old 04-26-2020, 12:32 PM

Received 1,548 Likes on 1,424 Posts

I priced out a C8 vert the way I want it, and it's still $85K! Poppycock!
Old 04-26-2020, 02:48 PM

Received 1,188 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
I priced out a C8 vert the way I want it, and it's still $85K! Poppycock!
So did I, Brian. Same result. They built 2,747 C8s between the end of the UAW strike and COVID-19-related plant closure. They have orders for over 50,000 cars, which puts them well into 2021 orders. And they haven't even started making verts yet. And we have no idea when the Bowling Green plant will reopen.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:14 AM

Received 1,112 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=42

Tire flat-spotting would be most noticeable when beginning to drive a vehicle that has been stored incorrectly (with the weight of the vehicle pressing down through the tires to the ground). When storing a vehicle for more than a few weeks, it is best to drive the vehicle until it is thoroughly warmed up and then immediately put it up on "blocks" after arriving at the storage location. Doing this takes the load off of the tires completely. Not doing this on a vehicle that will be parked for a few months runs the risk of permanently flat-spotting the tires.

Low aspect ratio tires have less sidewall flex due to their short sidewalls and much of their load carrying capacity is absorbed by the deflection of their wide footprints. The tread compounds and firm, nylon reinforced internal constructions used on high performance and high speed-rated tires are more susceptible to flatspotting.

Heavy loads and too little air pressure in the tires (underinflation) will allow them to deflect more where they come into contact with the ground. This allows even more deflection, increasing the severity of the flatspotting.

Cold ambient temperatures make rubber compounds stiffer, increasing their tendency to flatspot.

The longer tires remain stationary, the better they remember the position in which they were last parked. Tires on vehicles stored on the ground for many months can be permanently flat-spotted.

Stop with the novel length responses, George.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:49 PM

Received 1,548 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
So did I, Brian. Same result. They built 2,747 C8s between the end of the UAW strike and COVID-19-related plant closure. They have orders for over 50,000 cars, which puts them well into 2021 orders. And they haven't even started making verts yet. And we have no idea when the Bowling Green plant will reopen.
I'm not getting rid of Blue soon, so I got time.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:36 PM

Received 1,188 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
I'm not getting rid of Blue soon, so I got time.
Yeah, Big Red's still got a good home, even if I haven't driven him in 9 1/2 weeks. Hopefully next Tuesday, after I meet with my orthopedic surgeon. Anne Marie asked me today "Do you think you still remember how to drive?"