The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Damn! @#!@#$@!! :angry:

Old 08-27-2002, 06:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by Chazmo
fault-tolerant Windows servers
oxymoron?

j/k
Old 08-27-2002, 06:51 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

You're not the first to pose that question, Peace!!

Seriously, our stuff is very cool, and I think we bring a lot to the wintel world. Our ftServer product line is catching on, albeit slowly -- tough economy to be introducing new technology to the world
Old 08-28-2002, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
[B]Exactly, James.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
[B]You're not the first to pose that question, Peace!!

Seriously, our stuff is very cool, and I think we bring a lot to the wintel world.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:27 AM

Uh-oh. Business talk again. I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to get my ing HP OfficeJet printer at home working on my new laptop. It was working, but then for some reason it stopped talking to the print server. I later realized it must have been a malfunction in the port-to-print server hardware interface, because the network connection was still good through the hub. But in the meantime, I deleted the printer, and then had a HELL of a time reinstalling it because it's an older model of HP OfficeJet. Sometimes technology really SUCKS.

Old 08-28-2002, 09:32 AM

Yep......those officejet drivers can be a biatch on newer OSs. I've had to deal with a few myself.

:feeling Red's pain:
Old 08-28-2002, 09:35 AM

I am really getting to like XP, it's pretty cool. But as with all evolutions, the driver support for older stuff isn't there. And HP forces you to download the 22.5 MB file of ing software just to get the driver.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:45 AM

Yep...what even worse is when they go...."We aren't developing drivers for that anymore, but you can use an older one from model....blah..blah...blah.." You cross your fingers and hope most of the functions still work.

I will be installing XP this week on my laptop. They are wanting me to start rolling it out, so I better learn what I'm deploying. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the hesitations. Every XP pc I've used so far has it. Like when you highlight files and copy them to your clipboard...the thing stalls for a few seconds. No other OS has done that.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:03 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi guys,

oink, oink...

I didn't mean to sidetrack into an advert. for my company, but I always get jazzed talking about it. We have pluses and minuses against clusters (mostly pluses ). If you're interested, go take a look at www.stratus.com. The product line is called ftServer -- and we ship Windows 2000 on it. We also have legacy products called Continuum which are more like older minis and probably not interesting. Any ?'s, lemme know.

XP is a pretty nice user-friendly OS. We've been using it at home on our laptop, and many folks in the office are using it now. Our ftServers will support .NET (the server platform of XP) next year when it's released.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:11 AM

How are you guys fairing up against competitors such as Compaq and HP? I thought you guys sold just clustering solutions for other platforms until now. I had no clue you were talking your own platforms. Is the hardware proprietary?

Quick Reply: Damn! @#!@#$@!! :angry: