The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Saw a really gruesome thing thid morning.

Old 08-05-2003, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also understand when population control must be practiced. Where I grew up, the local authorities wanted to allow hunting in the public park to help thin the deer population. What pissed me off was their reasoning. All of the new rich housing went up around the park, and the hoity-toity bastards were upset that the deer were eating their hedges and gardens. PUHLEEZE!

You didn't eat the cats, did you Ray?
Old 08-05-2003, 10:00 AM

No I didn't eat the cats. They were buried. My mom was freaked out that her other cat would get the HIV too. It had to be done.

Culling the deer population by hunting is wrong when caused by humans invading on THEIR space.

Since my parents no longer have a dog...the deer have gotten very brave and eat all of her plants too. She just changed the type of plants that she grows now and it's not an issue. My dad put up fences around his baby apple trees until they get big enough to survive the deer.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by Zoechops

I see your point, and I respect it as well, but I don't think that it's quite hypocritical. I simply believe that no animal should be made to suffer, even though some always do. I would actually feel better if I was able to walk up to a steer in a field and humanely end the beasts life without alarming it. But as long as there is an adequate supply in the store, I don't see it necessary to do so. I have to refrain from reading stories about cattle processing because it makes me uncomfortable and sometimes angry. The animals are very aware of what is about to happen to them, and many of them resist as best they can. I get very sad whenever I pass a cattle truck on the highway, because I can see the fear in every set of eyes.
If you disapprove of the methods used to get the meat in the store, and you're unwilling to ever kill your own food, then yes, it is very hypocritical to continue supporting these things.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:02 AM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

jeez..... so serious.....

Old 08-05-2003, 10:02 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ltweintz
[B]

I think it all depends how you were raised Zoe.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Unabageler
[B]

This is what I'm talking about.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:08 AM

Old 08-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ltweintz
[B]

I wish my dad and bro would understand it.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:15 AM

Old 08-05-2003, 10:15 AM

I didn't say that I was unwilling to kill my own food, I just don't see the need when there are already thousands of slaughtered animals waiting to be consumed. I think that killing my own meal would be just more waste of life. If one man could make a difference, I would be happy to boycott the grocery meat market, but unfortunately even the largest of groups can't influence this market.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hosing on anyones beliefs or opinions, I just don't tyhink that I'm quite to the level of 'hypocrit' yet. I like to think of myself as more like comfortably unaware, yet knowledgeably tolerant.

I don't agree with the price gouging practiced by oil companies, but I'm not about to stop driving my S!

BTW, you never did address that bagel hunting question...

Quick Reply: Saw a really gruesome thing thid morning.