The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

What are your views on underage drinking...

Old 07-16-2003, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tokyo_james

It is quite some time since I have thrown up because of drink ..... :
its like... i can almost hear the japanese accent in your voice...
Old 07-16-2003, 12:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never feel any bad effects....infact I would go as far as to say when i wake up (disbarring how sleeping on a floor affects you...but when I get to sleep in my/a bed/sofa) I feel better than usual......which is really a bad sign because thats how alocholics are

ah well ill just keep drinking in moderation.......well..how about I dont drink too often thats moderation right?
Old 07-16-2003, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by alexf20c
I don't NOT drink because I'm underage, but because I never understood the fun ni drinking piss-colored, piss-tasting frothy piss-piss, only to vomit it up a few hours later and feel horrible the next day.

Of course, you can always drink in moderation...

With that said, I'm not the one to hate on those who drink (I take shots every now and then), just drink in moderation and do NOT drive!

I dont drink beer Alex. I used to when I was away at college, but that was only when we would go to frat parties....I drink liquor when I drink and I must say that, while u DO feel like a piece of shit getting run over by car after car the next morning, drinking to oblivion every now and then CAN be a hell of a lot of fun!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:45 AM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

I don't drink beer because it makes me sick... 1 or 2 gives me a headache, 3 or 4 and I start . Alcohol, on the other hand, treats me (relatively) well. I don't drink myself stupid very often, since I almost always have to drive my ass home. If you're dumb and drink yourself to puking every time, no, it's not much fun...
Old 07-16-2003, 07:59 AM

When I was 15, me and some friends put on our Sunday Suits and applied fake beards and mustaches, and proceeded to walk into the cheesiest, darkest bar in town...ordered Daiquiris or Mai Tai's or something equally hideous...Got served although I don't think we fooled anybody..We must have looked like complete idiots...
Old 07-16-2003, 08:12 AM

Drinking laws in the US blow chunks. My sister is 38, and could A) drink legally at age 18, the became underage until she turned 19 (law became effective 1/1, and her birthday is in Dec), then became underage AGAIN, until she turned 21.
I think it's ironic that at age 20 one can sign a contract which will be legally binding, be a cop and arrest someone, can drive a tank or a helicopter and make decisions over whether or not to fire a gun, but cannot drink alcohol? Crazy. Learning to drink reponsibly (or irresponsibly is part of being recently out of high school, IMO. Crack down on drunk driving- yes-take away a driver's license for DUI for as many years as you like, but don't keep otherwise responsible 20 year olds from ETOH . WY tried to go it alone without federal highway funds, keeping their age of consent at 18, for several years - our constitution leaves that matter up to the states! until the Nazi congress bribed the states into one size fits all laws. You gotta fight for your right...
Old 07-16-2003, 10:45 AM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

The drinking age is moronic, I agree. Prohibition of a 19 year old from drinking is as effective at stopping drinking as a cardboard box is at cushioning a fall from 20 stories. Rather than having people hiding in their homes getting shitfaced, let them out in the public (bars) where there is some amount of constraint and also penalties for excessive consumption.