The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Are you another woman in love with her S2000?

Old 04-04-2003, 09:40 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Ha Ha .. me too.. my husband thinks I'm CRAZY. Kids = 1 teen and 1 adult. I LOVE this car! Husband says 'it's just a car' but he has a Harley he loves so he sort of understands.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes
Old 04-05-2003, 03:42 AM

Received 729 Likes on 446 Posts

I'm a wife, mother, and LOVE MY S2000. Does seem there are mostly guys out there and really young people, but it doesn't stop me from loving the joy of driving the car
Old 04-05-2003, 03:54 AM

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Well, I'm an ex-wife and not a mother, but I do love my S2000! Had a pokey (but nice) diesel Mercedes for 20 yrs. so I've traded the tortoise for the hare. Loads of fun to drive. If I'm in a bad mood, all I have to do is hop in it, drop the top and ride around with the radio on really loud, singing along. Works every time! But you are right...the site is definitely guy heavy. But that may be to our advantage, at least if you are single...could meet a cute one out here! Not that that is the main reason to join...
Old 04-05-2003, 04:42 AM

Not too surprising that this board is predominantly male. I think the car was originally targeted for a male demographic in their early to mid-life crisis stage. Not to mention that, anecdotally speaking, more men than women drive a manual trans. Flame me for saying that if you must, but I believe it to be true. I think most of the guys here would like to see more female participation on this board.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:56 AM

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,580 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by djohnston
[B]Not too surprising that this board is predominantly male.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:28 AM

Originally posted by MsPerky

I think you are right about the manual trans. I for one, don't feel like I'm driving unless I'm shifting gears! Have always driven manual trans cars. But I'm pretty sure I'm the exception.
Thanks. Nice to hear from you! -Duncan
Old 04-05-2003, 06:02 AM

Yeah, where are the female s2000 drivers ranging from 18-21 from houston?? I want to make s2k babies!
Old 04-05-2003, 07:39 AM

Received 3,025 Likes on 1,677 Posts

YES! I'm so happy to read all the posts from other women S2000 lovers and also the fun replies from the guys. Sounds like Ron Jeremy is a naughty boy though. I enjoy reading the guys' inputs, so I have nothing against them (I even married a hairy one) but I was curious about the women since so many posts seem male oriented. My kids and husband think I'm too in love with my car but MsPerky has it nailed about how driving with the top down and the radio (or a CD) on loud can kick ass on a bad mood. I think djohnston has it right about the stick too. Of course we all have manuals so we must all love shifting to drive. My 2001 S2000 is my 5th Honda and the only one that has an automatic is my Odyssey van, and only because I couldn't get it with a stick. A lady in my town admired my S until I told her it only came with a stick. That weeded her out right away.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:11 AM
se

I have been a long time lurker here and my husband (who really doesn't own the car) has been the participant. I absolutely love my S2K. In fact I love anything that goes fast - boats, roller coasters and cars! I am a 51 year old Spanish teacher who devotes hours and hours to her students and career. The S2K is perfect for pulling me back into the real world. Some days after trying to drag non-motivated, whining adolescents through a lesson I just walk out of the building, drop the top, pop in some of my favorite tunes and head away from all of the frustration! Surprisingly some of those same kids who tried to divert my lesson who refused to participate who complained all the time, stop me to talk to me about the car. It really changes the dynamics among me and my students. The S2K is also a year round symbol of my summer freedom!
Ronie

Quick Reply: Are you another woman in love with her S2000?