Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Gas Choices

Old 03-30-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by YeloS2000ShowGrl,Mar 29 2007, 09:08 PM
wawa 93...even though the gas attendant is ****ing annoying as hell and i ALWAYS seem to get the same one!
lucky NJ people
Old 03-30-2007, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been an unlucky Jersey person. I have owned the car for just a little more than a year, and twice the attendant has not put the cap on right. I am glad I know people with scanner tools who will reset the Check Engine light for free. Very unnerving when you get to an on ramp and at 7000 RPM at night and the light comes on.

I prefer the Shell V-Power but there aren't many Shells in my area. I stick to name brand though. Hess, ExxonMobil, Sunoco... Discount stations like Wawa order gas from the cheapest local wholesaler, whoever that happens to be that week or month. Lukoil may still have to do this too. They weren't allowed to import there own gas when they first tookover, not sure if that still holds true. I like knowing where my gas comes from.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:52 PM

i thought if its the gas cap problem and you tighten it... the light will go out itself?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:56 PM

Mine didn't, it came up as an evap system leak both times. I check it everytime now out of paranoia, and it hasn't happened since.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Startrek,Mar 30 2007, 07:46 PM
lucky NJ people
not always sometimes its a pain in the ass sitting and waiting for the person to come and pump the gas when you could have been in and out in the time that it took them to come over to the car......

but during the winter and when its shitty out its nice not having to pump your own gas
Old 03-30-2007, 08:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my (our) area, Sunoco or Shell.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jay2000,Mar 30 2007, 11:14 AM
dood...look at that website...i ripped someone else a new one because of this. there's no authors listed..no major company takes credit..there's no proof of statements..no works cited..nothing...its total bs propaganda.

cliff notes at the bottom for the lazy

in the united states at least all gas is the same..there's a national distribution network..in theory it works like a gasoline bank. all companies put their gas in at one end and are given credits..well then they have truckers thats go to the other end..and fill up tankers by using those credits..they then take that gas(which could be ANY companies gas but its pretty standardized) and take it to the gas stations..its either here or right when the gas gets pumped into the truck the cleaner agents and additives are added. this is what mainly makes each gas station different is the additives and cleaners they put in the fuel...generally its been found that the higher the octane the more cleaners and additives are in the gas. which is generally a good thing if your wondering.

anyway the most important thing by far in my eyes is to pick a gas station and stick to it...the consistency is better for a lot of parts on the car or so i've hear.(this might be rumor but it makes sense if you think about it). anyway because of these belief's of mine i use sunoco 93 at all times. i always fill my tank and i almost always goto the same gas station. its right near my work so i can go whenever i need gas..and if its the weekend and i'm nowhere near my work i'll use another sunoco and still get 93...i only had to put in 91 one time because i wouldn't have made it..but i only put in like 3 dollars worth to make it to a sunoco. the same guy pumps my gas every time i goto my normal gas station. i just pull up and he knows to fill it AND he ALWAYS makes sure the gas cap is tightened till it clicks 3 times. its good shit

just think about it..your car's ecu doesn't have to relearn the gas qualities every time you fill the tank..the only thing is this. the car's ecu is only supposed to advance timing up to the car having 91 octane...the extra octane 93 gas we all seem to use theoretically shouldn't give us any extra power as the car will not naturally advance timing to give us the performance benefits. my butt dyno says different but thats my butt dyno

sorry for the long post.

here's the cliff notes for the lazy

1. all gas companies put gas in a national distribution network and they receive credits
2. they use credits at the other end of the pipe to fill tanker trucks to fill gas stations
3. additives are used either at the distribution station or the gas station
4. these additives are the only difference between basically any gas in the US
5. is supposedly better to always use the same gas station/station brand/octane
6. car's ecu won't have to relearn gas qualities everytime you fill.
7. the car's ecu is only programmed to advance timing for 91 octane so higher octane theoretically shouldn't provide any performance benefits.

and that website listed above is fake bullshit propaganda which only stupid people would believe. my friends retarded brother could make that shit in an hour and people would still believe it like its the bible of gasoline quality...roflmao..
Old 03-31-2007, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the beater gets whatever I can get. the 7, I'm still undecided what that's going to get. I might use all C116, since I live a couple miles from a drag strip, it should be easy to get.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rosica,Mar 30 2007, 08:21 AM
Sunoco had 92 and 94, now they have 91 and 93
uh uh.....Sunoco had 87, 89, 93 & 94.......but ever since this whole ethanol kick started last year they now have 87, 89, 91 & 93.......I know, I've been going to the same sunoco for years. and chat with the late night gas attendant

oh, before I forget, the one I go to sells race fuel I think, 106 maybe
Old 03-31-2007, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lukoil cause its the only station between my 2 mile drive from home to work.

Quick Reply: Gas Choices