Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Re-Run of July 28th Meet on August 18th....

Old 08-08-2002, 03:37 AM

Received 812 Likes on 447 Posts

Paulie,

I'll try to make it to this one. I've got plans for Saturday that may end real late. If I get up in time, I'll come down.

You know, it is in my best interest to show up with a blue one, to make all the other colors kind of look plain. Spa owners may disregard that comment.

Gary

2Ting (or others from the Princeton/Trenton area) - If you want to meet on the way down, go to the PA welcome station on I-95, right over the Scudders Falls bridge. If I'm not there by 8:30, leave. The hour is plenty of time to get to the DE rest stop. If I'm going to make it, I'll be there.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, where are you going to be driving?
Old 08-08-2002, 04:50 AM

Originally posted by gs2000
Just curious, where are you going to be driving?
The course starts at Longwood Gardens... Goes over to route 82 to 52 crosses over Kennett Pike, touches in Delaware for a bit back up to route 1 up route 1000 near West Chester.... Up to Exton, Out to Coatesville by the 30 bypass and back down to Longwood gardens. The whole route takes about an hour an a half or so.

Paul(ie)
Old 08-08-2002, 06:24 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paulieblks2k
[B]

The course starts at Longwood Gardens...
Old 08-08-2002, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by paS2K

Now I am confused.... does it not start at the I-95 rest stop near Newark? Is there an option to meet at Longwood Gdns parking lot at 10:00 or whatever?
Well Jerry... The ACTUAL course does start at Longwood Gardens but I thought it was easier for everyone to meet in Delaware at the rest stop. There are a few nice twisties up route 100 in Delaware leading up to route 1 that we take on the way to Longwood. I guess if you REALLY want to though you could meet us at Longwood Gardens. I'll be handing out route maps at the rest stop though.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:04 PM

Received 137 Likes on 88 Posts

I like the idea of meeting at Longwood too.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:12 PM

Either or is a good option. Since I dont know how to get to Longwood....Ill be seen'n ya all @ the rest stop off 95.
Old 08-08-2002, 05:20 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Zippy
I like the idea of meeting at Longwood too.
Longwood Gardens is a really neat spot, if ppl have not seen it. I think the "Picnic" parking area could be a good alternate meeting spot (it's at the bottom of the site map of the gardens and is well-marked after you enter). WHAT ABOUT 10 AM FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO MEET ZIPPY AND ME THERE? Here's a link to their great website:

http://www.longwoodgardens.org/

BTW, there is a nice cafeteria available inside the gardens (see Terrace Dining on website). Admission is $12/pp and the gardens are open til 6 pm. It might be a nice bonus for any s/o coming along for the ride... or they could even go there in the am... and rendez-vous with you after the drive The website also has a location map showing relation to Rte.1 and I-476.

In general, the I-95 rest stop is a great spot to meet for ppl coming from South Jersey or MD, so don't let this sidebar distract...
Old 08-08-2002, 06:52 PM

As much as I would love to meet at Longwood Gardens, I think it's best if we all meet at the same place.

Anyone agree/disagree?

The reason I am saying this is so there isn't two stops, and Paulie was correct that the drive to Longwood Gardens was beautiful, and lastly so we can all be in one big group which looks nice!

Just my opinion.
Old 08-09-2002, 05:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by paS2K
[B]

Longwood Gardens is a really neat spot, if ppl have not seen it. I think the "Picnic" parking area could be a good alternate meeting spot (it's at the bottom of the site map of the gardens and is well-marked after you enter). WHAT ABOUT 10 AM FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO MEET ZIPPY AND ME THERE? Here's a link to their great website:

http://www.longwoodgardens.org/

BTW, there is a nice cafeteria available inside the gardens (see Terrace Dining on website). Admission is $12/pp and the gardens are open til 6 pm. It might be a nice bonus for any s/o coming along for the ride... or they could even go there in the am... and rendez-vous with you after the drive

Quick Reply: Re-Run of July 28th Meet on August 18th....