Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

September 14th autocross, themclub.net

Old 08-23-2002, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default September 14th autocross, themclub.net

Ok all you supposed car enthusiats , i'm trying to drum up some attendance for the next M Club autocross at Giants Stadium on September 14th. It's a well run event, relatively laid back (compared to SCCA events), and above all else, it's a whole lotta fun! Even if you don't want to enter, stop by at some point in the day and check it out, see what it's all about. Any questions, post here and I'll answer. Taking the S2K out on the autocross track is akin to taking your hummer out on some rocky mountain trails...where it's meant to be. Ask NJTom, he'll tell you what you're missing out on!
Old 08-24-2002, 06:31 PM

I'm in for this one... Still waiting to run the Giants Stadium course...
Old 08-24-2002, 07:34 PM

Time of event?
Old 08-25-2002, 04:50 PM

Here is some info I cut and pasted from the web site http://www.themclub.net

On site Registration 8:00AM to 9:00AM
Drivers Meeting - 9:05-9:15
Drive through course - 9:15-9:30
First car off - 9:45 AM
Drive through will run at half speed
Old 08-28-2002, 07:45 AM

I was trying to see the rules and requirements....do I need a roll cage in my S2000 in order to run the autocross? And a helment is definately required...Its there a class for new drivers?
Old 08-28-2002, 09:58 AM

The M club runs a nice show. I ran my first autox with them and I love it. You will not need anything more than a helmet for their rules. They don't run a novice group like the SCCA but I had an instructor go with me on my first run. This was actually pretty cool since I learned a lot from him and they don't count the 1st run. I was instantly hooked. I started beating my times by a full second each run but by the second heat I leveled out. Try it and you'll see.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:11 AM

2Ting, you will not need a roll bar/cage to do the autocross. All they require is a helmet, and they're not strict as to the Snell rating, so you can even use an old motorcycle helmet if you wanted. You can also use their loaner helmet if you cant get one in time. They don't class the drivers according to skill level or experience like they do at track events. At an autocross, you are put into a class based on your car, i.e. horsepower, etc. You'll be competing against cars with similar performance numbers, but each person will have different levels of experience.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the info Type R. Im very interested in the event. Ill just go check it out for the first time @ Giant Stadium and see what its all about...but eventually I would like to run one. Thanks...See you there!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 07:52 PM

So who's gonna be there?

Just to let you know ahead of time...

Gennaro in his 2000 Integra Type-R is gonna kick all of our asses... (and not by a small margain) There's no arguing this one...

No matter how great someones car may be, it's the driver that wins this race... This is the opportunity to really learn what your car can do, and what you can do with the car... It's the place to learn...

As WRXPaul mentioned in a past thread, we used to run the roads with reckless abandon and terrorize the poor squirrels... Since we've hit the track though, there's no looking back... These events are SAFE, well run, and you're not going to get a ticket or points on your license...

It's the perfect place to learn from others, have fun, and get together for beers afterwards while trading "cone killing" stories...

So how bout it? Who's game?
Old 09-01-2002, 08:02 PM

Alright guys... Just pre-registered for the event...

Quick Reply: September 14th autocross, themclub.net