Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Swirl removers - What do you recommend?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swirl removers - What do you recommend?

I want to take a weekend and remove some of the swirls that have been accumulated over the last several years of washing. My questions is what products (pads and compounds) to use. I am partial to Adam's because all of their products I have used are awesome, however they are all pretty expensive. What products have you guys used and had good luck with? Any body use Adam's? Or Wolfgang?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:41 AM

Totally meant to post that in Wash and Wax.

Oh well anybody have any recommendations anyway?
Old 07-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

slanguage would be the best to answer that, he had detailed many of our cars
Old 07-10-2013, 10:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally i use a random orbital and menzera polish with a foam pad. and always clay before any buffing.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by coreyGPW
personally i use a random orbital and menzera polish with a foam pad. and always clay before any buffing.
What kind of foam, there are different pads everywhere and I have no idea what the difference between them is.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it would be wise to invest in a set of them from detailers domain. its nice to have a full set to use to see which one works best. it really depends on how severe they are, i would say use a medium foam pad to start. the range from hard to soft and have different densities. detailers domain sells a set that is all labeled and colored. i use that site for everything, lots of good write ups and good directions for each product.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by coreyGPW
it would be wise to invest in a set of them from detailers domain. its nice to have a full set to use to see which one works best. it really depends on how severe they are, i would say use a medium foam pad to start. the range from hard to soft and have different densities. detailers domain sells a set that is all labeled and colored. i use that site for everything, lots of good write ups and good directions for each product.
I like detailers domain cause they are in NJ so usually the items arrive quickly and the shipping is reasonable but sometimes I look for stuff that they don't carry so I use Autogeek.net. I will check them out. Thanks for the advise.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been using a Porter Cable orbital with a white pad and Menzerna super intensive polish...still not giving me the swirl removal I want so I will be going with something else.

I'm still learning too but I think maybe a better pad with some other product might give me the results I want.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by NFR_AP2
I've been using a Porter Cable orbital with a white pad and Menzerna super intensive polish...still not giving me the swirl removal I want so I will be going with something else.

I'm still learning too but I think maybe a better pad with some other product might give me the results I want.

What brand of pad?

Also what exhausts have you had on your car?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 AM

Zaino has worked great for me and without a machine. I believe they are in NJ too.

Quick Reply: Swirl removers - What do you recommend?