Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Bosch

Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Bosch

Harry Bosch is a LA detective homicide/robbery. Bosch is a series streaming on Amazon Prime. It is two seasons and now will have a third next year.
It's the first season of True Detective... good. A no name cast of hollywood regulars it is well cast, well directed, and well written, based on a series of books by a guy named Connelly.

I give it a 8.5 outta 10. They guy who plays Bosch is a movie grade B actor who does TV too...not well known, but he was in Lost, he has done TV and moves, and I cannot remember his difficult name to remember. He is well cast in this role and pulls it off.

this is dark stuff, some intense action now and then which is well done. Harry carries a custom made .45 model 1911, and has various other guns. The bad guys also have a variety of weaponry that is above the usual cop show. He drives an undercover ford crown vic. He has a cool partner who dresses up all the time. His lieutenant is also very cool...in fact many of these characters are well fleshed out and accurate as cops and bad guys go. the plots are complex, not unlike something from Raymond Chandler. Two older cops past their prime are appropriately names Crait and Barrel.

It took me a whole episode to get into it. There is filler here, Downtown LA 10th floor politics, one or two cases to keep track of at a time.... a backstory on Bosch, his family adventures: he has an ex wife and teenage daughter who live in Vegas, his cop friends and enemies, where he likes to eat, he seems to never sleep, he is an everyman with a rough past and certain life skills that suite him well, only don't mess with him: you get a chance..if you push again... then it's over.

If you like Jazz and a world class Hollywood view, this is for you.