Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Tupac-Resurrection

Old 11-14-2003, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Came out today, Ebert gave it a (A-), closest theater that's playing it around here is 1hr 20mins in Toronto arghhh
Old 11-15-2003, 08:34 PM

anyone here seen it yet? havent seen it myself but would like to see what some of you guys thought.

dang, 1hrrs and 20 min?
Old 11-16-2003, 05:02 AM

Yahoo movies has it listed at 1hr 55 minutes
Old 11-16-2003, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MistaSnipes
Likewise I am surprised to see a movie being made.... it is pretty amazing how much of an influence Hip-Hop has had in the last 10 years.... I am an original Hip- Hop Vinyl DJ and would personally love to see a documentray about NWA. (Dre, Cube, Easy E)....that would be amazing....
I agree with you on this one Snipes. I've been a fan of Hip-Hop for a long time, but I don't like the new stuff as much. I am more into the pioneers ie. Public Enemy, NWA (Is there a better gansta rap song than Gansta-Gansta) Erick B and Rakiem, Jungle Bruthers, Tribe Called Quest, etc. Its funny how much Hip-Hop influences the culture. Back when I was a fan, there wasn't much gangsta rap... except west coast stuff. Rap was much more intellegent and had an "empowerment" almost black power vibe to it ( i.e. poor rightous teachers, king sun, PE, Brand Nubians, Deff Jeff, intelligent hoodlum, gang star), that preached against violance. There wasn't all the 40's and hos BS that plagues rap today. There used to a message of unity and workling to better youself through a knowledge of black history. Its sad that the hip-hop culture has lost that and now focuses on bling.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:00 PM

Old 11-16-2003, 07:48 PM

i just got back from seeing the movie; it was tight. i think that it did a wonderful job debunking a lot of fallacies that white america has towards pac. it showed what thuglife meant to him, not what it means in the dictionary or on some new cast. it gave a glimpse of his complex personality, illustrating his honesty, compassion, humor, intelligence, all in an attempt to help the uninformed get it. now i truly understand why he is my favorite rapper of all time. i was one of those that he was trying to reach, i felt where he was coming from; the pain, the angst, the frustration at the system...well worth the two hour and forty minute drive.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"White America" as you so put it, was not the only one who had a problem with 2pac. Other rappers, black scholars and other non-whites had a problem with him as well. Many whites liked his music... how do you think he sold so many records? You have to crossover to get those kinds of number. Think about things before you launch into a "white america" statement.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:08 PM

Old 11-16-2003, 08:09 PM

white america = most media
Old 11-18-2003, 03:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EvoVII
Actually, Biggie was one of the best, I really liked Ready to Die, and Life After Death was solid... He had amazing flow, and his freestyles would leave his opponents in awe. His Album went Diamond, single selling best rap album of all time, so he sold well over 8 million copies only on one album alone... You say only 2 CDs were good, but he really only made 2 albums (with the exception of the compiled Born Again).. And when did record sales have anything to do with how good you are?? Look at Big L, considered one of the greatest of all time, he didn't sell many records because he couldn't make that leap into the mainstream.

Quick Reply: Tupac-Resurrection