Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Canadian Caravan to RTD 17

Old 11-04-2016, 11:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Canadian Caravan to RTD 17

The Canadians (except Darcy and Joey) will be taking the long way to the event (as usual) again this year. Departure will be Tuesday Morning so you need a weeks holiday if you want to join us. It will be a combination of driving twisties and sight seeing. Route is not locked in yet but start as we cross at Buffalo, head south to Seneca Rocks for a Cave tour. From there using as many mountains as possible to arrive a Marion VA. From there, Little Switzerland for lunch and Emerald Caverns and lunch, before heading south to Toccoa GA for Thursday night. Friday after a meal stop in Helen GA, we will arrive at Fontana from the South on time for the Ball Field Festivities. If it seems like 4 days of adventure to arrive somewhere that can be driven in 14 hrs direct, you are correct.
We are fine tuning this so it may change before departure.

Last edited by zenairdave; 02-02-2017 at 06:41 AM. Reason: date changes
Old 11-05-2016, 06:58 AM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Quick, someone call the border patrol!
Old 11-05-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Quick, someone call the border patrol!
Just need to know when to tell them we are being invaded by the Canadians!
Old 11-06-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Just need to know when to tell them we are being invaded by the Canadians!
depending on Tuesday's result, it may be the other way around!

darcy
Old 11-07-2016, 05:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zenairdave
The Canadians (except Darcy) will be taking the long way to the event (as usual) again this year. Departure will be Monday Morning so you need a weeks holiday if you want to join us. It will be a combination of driving twisties and sight seeing. Route is not locked in yet but likely will cross at Buffalo, head south towards Harrisonburg VA, through as many mountains as possible and catching Little Switzerland before heading south to Helen GA. Yes, we will arrive at Fontana from the South on Friday in time for the Ball Field Festivities. If it seems like 5 days of adventure to arrive somewhere that can be driven in 14 hrs direct, you are correct.
Attractions on our "hit" list include Piper Museum, Seneca Caverns, Natural Bridge and Linville Falls or Caves. We are sorting this list out so may change before departure.
Prior years the odd American has joined us for the adventure and you are more than welcome if you PM me.
Who you calling odd? Wait, I'm a Southern Gentleman from the Big Easy with a penchant for uptown ladies, "women of the night", dark jazz clubs, and crawfish boils! Maybe a little odd.
This looks like another fun road adventure.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by DragonDidg
Who you calling odd? Wait, I'm a Southern Gentleman from the Big Easy with a penchant for uptown ladies, "women of the night", dark jazz clubs, and crawfish boils! Maybe a little odd.
This looks like another fun road adventure.
Yes Mike, I believe you were the first Odd American to join us. That was the year we were wrecking NFR cars. But there was the Odd guy from Florida with the Yellow CR and two years ago the White from InLine Pro. We attract them like flys to sugar.
We will have to be more stealth this year so the Cincinatti group cant find us until it is too late. LOL
Old 11-08-2016, 03:37 PM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

Yes Mike, I believe you were the first Odd American to join us. That was the year we were wrecking NFR cars. But there was the Odd guy from Florida with the Yellow CR and two years ago the White from InLine Pro. We attract them like flys to sugar.
We will have to be more stealth this year so the Cincinatti group cant find us until it is too late. LOL
We already have our spies watching you and your minions!
Old 11-23-2016, 04:03 AM

Received 285 Likes on 220 Posts

The Canadians (except Darcy) will be taking the long way to the event (as usual) again this year.
Can't wait to see all of you again!!
Old 12-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

I'm planning to hook up with some of Canada Contingency in Buffalo for the trek south. Of course the trek up with be just as interesting too. Going to check out my father's home town first.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:28 AM

Received 974 Likes on 667 Posts

I have a block of rooms at the General Francis Marion Hotel for those of you who plan on spending Wednesday night in Marion, VA at Back of the Dragon. The rate is $108 a night. This is a special rate for S2000 people and you will need to give your credit card information to hold the room for you. Ask for the Honda S2000 rate to get the special price.

Quick Reply: Canadian Caravan to RTD 17