Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

If you see a cop...

Old 09-16-2001, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you see a cop...

...SAY SOMETHING!

In Asheville, just about everyone had an FRS radio and my man, Keith, as you probably know, got a reckless driving ticket on the Dragon. It was later dismissed since he had it on video and everything, but he was B U M M E D! That whole thing could have been avoided...

So, make SURE to say something when and where you see Smokey.

Carry on...
Old 09-16-2001, 05:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We need a Black/Black S2k with the plate "Bandit 1"

Your so right, we will need reports, since the Talkabouts have limited range, the Cell Phone list that I'm putting together will also help (if you can get a signal).

See ya there!
Old 09-16-2001, 06:29 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear it was dismissed!

I am amazed he used the tape. . .seems that would have damned him even more!

Seriously. . .let's not only let everyone know if there is a cop around, but let's try and obey all traffic laws and posted speed

I could'nt even finish it! HaHaHa!
Old 09-16-2001, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with airgate, Glad to hear Keith's speeding ticket case was dismissed.

I saw the tape too at S2K Days and I don't see how that helped. Is Keith on the boards, perhaps he could explain what he said to the judge? I'm very curious!

David
Old 09-16-2001, 07:16 PM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

If anyone needs one, I'll have 4 of the FRS radios with me!

Bought two for Asheville Days, and test drove a RSX to get the other two free
Old 09-17-2001, 05:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lovetodrive2000
[B]If anyone needs one, I'll have 4 of the FRS radios with me!
Old 09-17-2001, 02:36 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

Keith got pulled over for a speeding ticket AND a reckless driving ticket - supposedly for going 55 (speed limit on the dragon is 45) through a sharp turn and almost losing control and went into the oncoming lane - this is basically what the cop told keith as to why he got stopped. Keith had the whole run on film to back up his statements. He told the officer that he was in 1st gear around the turn (true) and there's no way he could have been going that fast. Also he was in complete control, in his own lane, the whole time. The officer threw out the speeding thing (since he had no proof) but gave him the reckless anyway.

I don't remember how it all went down, but he got out of the ticket eventually. But as greg said, Keith was pretty pissed - not about the ticket so much as that nobody got on their talkabouts and said "there's a cop coming up". So yeah, use them.

And if anyone has extras, bring em along!! There's a lot of slackers like me who don't have a pair
Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Keith got pulled over for a speeding ticket AND a reckless driving ticket - supposedly for going 55 (speed limit on the dragon is 45) through a sharp turn and almost losing control and went into the oncoming lane - this is basically what the cop told keith as to why he got stopped. Keith had the whole run on film to back up his statements. He told the officer that he was in 1st gear around the turn (true) and there's no way he could have been going that fast. Also he was in complete control, in his own lane, the whole time. The officer threw out the speeding thing (since he had no proof) but gave him the reckless anyway.

I don't remember how it all went down, but he got out of the ticket eventually. But as greg said, Keith was pretty pissed - not about the ticket so much as that nobody got on their talkabouts and said "there's a cop coming up". So yeah, use them.

And if anyone has extras, bring em along!! There's a lot of slackers like me who don't have a pair
Jeff, is that really you?!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:16 AM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

Could you find an older thread to revive?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:45 AM

Received 974 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Could you find an older thread to revive?
It's actually really sweet. This thread will be a teenager soon.

Quick Reply: If you see a cop...