Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

My 2015 Dragon Feedback

Old 04-15-2015, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2015 Dragon Feedback

As always I had a great time. My wife and I have been coming to this event for 10 years now. Started coming when we were just dating. I proposed to Lindsey on one of the Dragon events. Now we are married with two kids. This year we decided to bring our two little ones so they can begin to appreciate cars and these event like I do. I just want to thank everyone involved in putting this event together. I know its a lot of work.

So, as far as feedback goes. I thought the banquet dinner was fantastic, probably the best banquet dinner we have had. Food selection and quality were definitely top notch in my opinion. The pig roast was a hit. One request for 2016 would be to go back to burgers and dogs for the baseball field dinner. I think the chicken was a nice change up although it didn't fare well after sitting in the food warmers for sometime. I had a hard time chewing through the tough chicken but 4 packets of mayo helped get it down. Pulled pork would also be a great idea for the field Friday night!

I also enjoyed the video Raul would play accompanied by background music in years past. I know this just means more work...but honestly...I know Raul has plenty of free time.

Post your feedback, I am sure Ken will implement everything we suggest

Jakub
Old 04-15-2015, 12:21 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Agreed. The food (minus chicken) was spectacular, and with Ken at the helm I really didn't expect less than a stellar menu. Agree on the burgers and dogs as well.

I too miss the video. Having some good tunes blasting and watching all of the cars go by would be nice. I know in the past people doing the video compilations were running around having to get footage from everyone, but if we had a pre-defined set of videoographiers that might make compilation a lot easier. I know Lee and Deadbird did a lot of capturing, and flo-ride does have a nice SLR he brings. Having a few key irons in the fire would make getting a video together a few hour job instead of all day, and would help with quality too.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

It was great to see you and Lindsey again, Jakub.

Here's some inspiration:
https://vimeo.com/11262314
Old 04-15-2015, 01:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would love to see a video return at the Saturday night banquet. I would totally accept a recap from the prior year which would make the task of putting it together, a year long non rushed job for someone.
Each year they could collect the footage for the following years video.

No, I am not volunteering.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the food other than the Chicken on Friday and the Cornbread on Saturday (seriously, how did they screw up cornbread in the south? We were all so excited when we saw it). So I agree with Burgers and Dogs, or even Pulled Pork.

I have no complaints, and I'm afraid no other suggestions come to mind at the moment. Great event Ken as usual! Obviously we will be returning next year, and I think our new additions will be returning as well because everyone had a blast!

EDIT to show I meant only Friday's chicken. Saturday's was fantastic.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 663 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by TheStigSC
Love the food other than the Chicken and the Cornbread on Saturday (seriously, how did they screw up cornbread in the south? We were all so excited when we saw it). So I agree with Burgers and Dogs, or even Pulled Pork.

I have no complaints, and I'm afraid no other suggestions come to mind at the moment. Great event Ken as usual! Obviously we will be returning next year, and I think our new additions will be returning as well because everyone had a blast!
That pork was soo good, I wanted to go get more but I was just way too full.

Great event like every year and I can't wait until next year.

Thoughts on a video, if someone is going to volunteer to do that (not it). There should be a well publicised place where they will be compiling footage so people can drop some pics/video off.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put up a thread before the event for people to give me their pics and vids at the poker run table. Not-a-one...
Old 04-15-2015, 07:12 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

should be a sticky!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaydem
Post your feedback, I am sure Ken will implement everything we suggest

Jakub
Everything, you say??? Well in that case - strippers, free beer, give all of the cops a paid weekend off, and bribe the weathermen to say it's going to R-word all weekend to keep the bikes at bay

Who's with me???
Old 04-15-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see a return of the video during the banquet as well, that was always a favourite part of mine. If I remember correctly, it was usually Patrick who did it? I'd gladly give a USB stick of my pictures or videos for the banquet. I would even sort the good from bad before handing it over, so you don't have to look through all the crap.

Quick Reply: My 2015 Dragon Feedback