Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

RtD 2024 - Friday night Cookout!

Old 04-22-2024, 05:43 AM

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Y'all are correct. We will spend our own money to make this happen based on the amount of people who say they will come plus some extra, in hopes that everyone actually comes, pays, and we get reimbursed most of what it costs. Ideally, it costs everyone the same amount. If a bunch of people say they'll be there and don't show or show up and eat without pitching in, then we'll have to change up the way things are done. Obviously uncontrollable things happen, but hopefully people are considerate enough to plan their drives on such a way to increase their likelihood of making it back in time.

I'm trying to keep things as affordable and optional as possible so people can come and choose what they want to participate in. By doing this, I'm hoping to make the event more accessible to more people rather than making it prohibitively expensive for some. The hope is that more people will be able to come and the event can grow instead of dying out as the years go on.

If we roll the cost of this into the event registration, we run onto additional complications. No solution will be perfect, so we just aim for the best compromise.
The following 2 users liked this post by vortamock:
Lovetodrive2000 (04-22-2024), WhrDLMI (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 09:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Already paypal'd but I'm bringing 2 more with cash, 3 total, see ya Friday!
Old 04-23-2024, 10:26 AM
Community Organizer

Received 664 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by vortamock
Y'all are correct. We will spend our own money to make this happen based on the amount of people who say they will come plus some extra, in hopes that everyone actually comes, pays, and we get reimbursed most of what it costs. Ideally, it costs everyone the same amount. If a bunch of people say they'll be there and don't show or show up and eat without pitching in, then we'll have to change up the way things are done. Obviously uncontrollable things happen, but hopefully people are considerate enough to plan their drives on such a way to increase their likelihood of making it back in time.

I'm trying to keep things as affordable and optional as possible so people can come and choose what they want to participate in. By doing this, I'm hoping to make the event more accessible to more people rather than making it prohibitively expensive for some. The hope is that more people will be able to come and the event can grow instead of dying out as the years go on.

If we roll the cost of this into the event registration, we run onto additional complications. No solution will be perfect, so we just aim for the best compromise.
Yep, I planned to pay either way, but just sent the paypal so I don't have to remember to give you cash.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:34 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4,662 Likes on 3,348 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri
Yep, I planned to pay either way, but just sent the paypal so I don't have to remember to give you cash.
Same for me. I put in for my wife as well. Thanks for doing this!
Old 04-23-2024, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by goldenfri
Originally Posted by WhrDLMI
Same for me. I put in for my wife as well. Thanks for doing this!

Confirmed, they came through. See y'all soon!
Old 04-24-2024, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late notice. I will be attending and paying in cash.Thanks!
Old 04-24-2024, 09:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up! We picked up the supplies tonight and filled up three S2000 trunks with food.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Add myself + Lane_Viper for the cookout. We’ll plan to pay in cash. Sorry for responding late!
Old 04-26-2024, 08:22 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default One more

Don’t think I replied to this, but I plan to be there!
Old 04-28-2024, 09:06 AM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

So... How was the cookout?

Quick Reply: RtD 2024 - Friday night Cookout!