Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.
View Poll Results: Saturday Lunch Options
Picnic style lunch with Sandwiches, chips, etc. . .
78.26%
Hey, there's always a McDonald's around or something (Lunch on your own)
13.04%
Keep looking for restaurants airgate!
8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Saturday Lunch Options

Old 08-31-2001, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote for a picnic style lunch, as well. Fontana Dam is quite beautiful and the road between the Dragon and the dam is awesome!

Do you guys have someone would transport the lunch out there? It's a long way from anywhere, so that may be an issue. Wasn't there someone with a truck who could do this kind of thing?

Just this time, we have to make sure the driver of the truck knows EXACTLY where to go...(S2KDays attendees know what I'm referring to... )

Old 08-31-2001, 04:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B]I vote for a picnic style lunch, as well.
Old 09-02-2001, 08:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mack, Airgate, Greg:

It is confirmed that my friend (Sebring Sam) will be joining us. He has "the Fast and the Furious" Lightning F-150 pickup that will make an excellent picnic lunch hauler. Since it can run the 1/4 mile faster than most Corvette's (and 0.85 on the skidpad), I don't think we'll be waiting too long for lunch. He'll have good directions.

I think we'll just have him follow the pack on Saturday so lunch will not be far behind.

The hardest part will be coordinating all of this. As I discussed all this with Airgate, we'll need to confirm that everyone is eating and we will need to collect money (unless one of our sponsors want to donate money for lunch, Greg?).

There is one caveat though, I have corrupted Sebring Sam by letting him drive my S2000 and now he wants to trade the Lightning for a new S2000 if he can get a good deal . Another person turned from "The Darkside".

After the holiday weekend is done we can start firming up some plans for the picnic lunch. I think if we plan it and deliver food at the dam, then most people will buy into the idea.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2k Dude
[B]Mack, Airgate, Greg:

It is confirmed that my friend (Sebring Sam) will be joining us...

There is one caveat though, I have corrupted Sebring Sam by letting him drive my S2000 and now he wants to trade the Lightning for a new S2000 if he can get a good deal .
Old 09-04-2001, 09:47 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KigerShark
[B]

'Dude,

I think the name "Berlina Brett" might be more appropriate in this case...
Old 09-05-2001, 06:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like the majority of people would like to do the picnic lunch.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:06 PM
Former Moderator

My concern is that not everyone has viewed this thread and voted on their preference. . .

I will add a link to the confirmed attendees list! Maybe that will spark more participation!
Old 09-05-2001, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just voted. Picnic. Despite the 3 hour wit for the lunch at S2K Days it gave us time to mingle, listen to the different exhausts, drool over the Mugen cars, and a few lucky ones got to ride in Harry's S/C S2K! Unfortunately, none of those lucky bastards was me. Not being familar with the area, anywhere is fine as long as we have space to park 30+ cars. Even the gravel parking just before the Dragon would be fine. Of course, driving it afterwards on a full stomach might not be much fun!
Old 09-07-2001, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2KDude-

What's the status on the picnic lunch? Do we need to revert back to the original plan now that we no longer have a "support" vehicle or do you have a backup?

Anyone have an problem with Subway? There's a possibility we could pre-order and pick up the sandwiches chips etc. at the Robbinsville location. I for one would preffer not to have to carry drinks/ice/cooler/sandwiches/chips/etc. across the Dragon in my trunk. You know it's a weight distribution thing!!!

Comments?
Old 09-07-2001, 07:44 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mack
[B]S2KDude-

What's the status on the picnic lunch? Do we need to revert back to the original plan now that we no longer have a "support" vehicle or do you have a backup?

Anyone have an problem with Subway? There's a possibility we could pre-order and pick up the sandwiches chips etc. at the

Quick Reply: Saturday Lunch Options