Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Slight Correction about S2KCA Membership

Old 08-28-2001, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the deal, Brad has handled the insurance aspect of the organization, so I am not the best source of information about the specifics of how it all works. He was in Monterey when the question came up about "having" to be a member to participate and to be covered by our insurance policy. I pieced together a few things that I recalled from S2KDays and my conclusion was slightly incorrect.

I got clarification today and this is how it works. Membership in the S2KCA is NOT required by all participants. It is "highly suggested" by our insurance carrier, K&K Insurance. Signing the waiver of liability is enough to cover you as a participant of the event, which is what you need. However, if something happened and you got taken to court, it would look far better were you a member of the organization that is putting the event that you are particpating in.

So, I didn't want people to think this was some kind of ploy to "get members." We want everyone to join and our benefits are growing nicely.

If you have any questions, let me know...I apologize for the miscommunication and my misunderstanding.

Old 08-30-2001, 03:45 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Greg. . .

I think some folks thought they had to be a member of S2KCA or had to have been (tounge twister) an attendee in S2k Days in order to attend the Dragonball Run. . .

I think it's an excellent idea, nontheless to be a member! Support the S2KCA!