Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Suggestions for next time?

Old 09-25-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 1,144 Likes on 1,065 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueIon,Sep 25 2006, 10:09 PM
Fontana, while being cool to have a cabin is also more expensive then staying at the Hilton and I certainly would not want to have the same cabin that we had this time. It was in really bad shape.
Really? Sharing a 3 bedroom (6 people) in the spring and a 2 bedroom (4 people) this time seemed pretty economical to me, especially when you factor in being able to cook your own meals instead of going to restaurants and the proximity to great roads (as opposed to the noticeably longer drive from the Hilton).
Old 09-25-2006, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shareall,Sep 25 2006, 06:36 PM
Really? Sharing a 3 bedroom (6 people) in the spring and a 2 bedroom (4 people) this time seemed pretty economical to me, especially when you factor in being able to cook your own meals instead of going to restaurants and the proximity to great roads (as opposed to the noticeably longer drive from the Hilton).
Yeah, i mean the proximity is great and driving 28 can be a blast. But once your at the Dragon, your driving all day pretty much and we didnt need to go back to the room but once at that was to drop off some drinks that we bought at the Ingles in Robbinsville because there was no place near FV that was open during the night. The drive from the Hilton wasnt that bad and was actually pretty fun when we all rolled together that morning. You may be able to cook your own meals, but its a 45 min drive to the closest grocery store, not to mention, are you really saving that much money cooking your own meals? Unless its TV dinners and snacks, you can pay just as much as you would going out to dinner.

Again though, its a toss up. Both have pros and cons but in my opinion, the Hilton comes out on top.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like Fontana for the location.

My wife likes the Hilton. She would rather rent a car and look around while I hang in the twisties. Getting car sick is not her favorite passtime.

If possible, getting all the cabins in the same corner of the village would be nice.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:57 AM

yeah we seemed alot more spaced out this time...

wtd i was neighboors with 3 s2ks and a nsx

this time it was cloggers...

it would be nice if fontana could work out a way to group all the s2k people in the same area or so...

but i love fontana for the location, if i wanted the hilton id go stay in the hilton and drive up to fontana.

plus 26 bucks for 2 nights isnt a bad price at all
Old 09-26-2006, 01:39 PM

yea i like the idea of organized group runs throughout the day and maybe have them ranked in terms of speed. While at SESM there were several groups as in, 6th gear group, 5th gear group and so on in which each group had different speed levels. While dragon group runs are fun its not necessary becuase everyone is only comfortable at their own speed.

but being my first dragon event i thought everyone and everything was great. its the people that work so hard on these events that make these events great
Old 09-26-2006, 07:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i feel that most of us stayed at the cabins it seems to spead the group out quite a bit. Meaning people may soclize only with the cabins immediatly surrounding.

If it would be possible for us all to stay in a hotel with large parking accomodation then we could have a roped off section for strickly S2000s.

Which would allows us to see all the cars @ night, and it would lead to people congrigating in the parking lot and having much larger groups of people to socilze and organize on the fly events/runs. You know meet the whole crew and get too see ALL the cars.

maybe even an event such as an s2000 car show would bring members together. It would be great to have a few hours dedicated to showing off your car and your mods, or maybe just your mad tight waxing skills.

The drivers meeting Sort of did that. But it was way too short. I really didnt want to wake up way early. Plus after the drivers meeting 95 s2000s all shot off in different directions.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:00 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Perhaps a bonfire in the field where the driver's meeting was held ......... we could burn an Evo or STI

Old 09-27-2006, 03:07 AM

Old 09-27-2006, 04:09 AM

I like the idea of a "car show" so to speak. The parking lot filled with S2Ks on Friday night at the hotels was always a treat. Maybe designate a time and a place for the "Car Show." Friday eve, or Saturday before the dinner might be a good time to do it.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:58 AM

that would be awesome to have it on Friday night...I'll volunteer to help organize it if it gets approved!

Quick Reply: Suggestions for next time?