Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Suggestions for next time?

Old 09-27-2006, 05:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second the idea to reserving an area of Fontana's cabins. If we can keep everyone in the same area (maybe close to the lodge?) then it will be a lot easier to mingle.

I think this year the rain really hurt the social aspect. I remember at WTD some of the cabins had no problem getting people together, despite being spread out.

I'd also be up for the car show... if it won't be raining!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm... walking around looking at cars, or driving the Dragon?

Old 09-27-2006, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friday night?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great ideas folks
Old 09-27-2006, 05:37 AM

Received 1,144 Likes on 1,065 Posts

I'm thinking that it might be difficult to put us all in one area, given that people want different types of accomodations (rooms, 2 bdrm/3 bdrm cabins, etc). But that would probably help the social aspect.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some great suggestions, here! I'll be sure and pass along the ones to Fontana that are appropriate.

I've already discussed "grouping" the cabins for WTD with them for future events, and they seem to think that won't be a problem at all.

We tried to designate "S2K Parking only" at WTD, but there's really no single place (outside of the small lot in front of the Lodge) where people can park together.

However...what do you think of making Friday's registration and welcome reception a "tent" event on the ball field? Weather permitting, that could be our group parking "car show" and social gathering for Friday night. Hmmm.....

And while the Dragon's not really condusive to group "organized" drives, it would be nice to have some organized drives to other roads in the area, perhaps on Sat afternoon? Be looking for a call for volunteers!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smccoy,Sep 27 2006, 02:31 PM
1. However...what do you think of making Friday's registration and welcome reception a "tent" event on the ball field? Weather permitting, that could be our group parking "car show" and social gathering for Friday night. Hmmm.....

2. And while the Dragon's not really condusive to group "organized" drives, it would be nice to have some organized drives to other roads in the area, perhaps on Sat afternoon? Be looking for a call for volunteers!
1. Great Idea

2. If my plans to head down there for a full week work out, I wouldn't mind leading a group somewhere on Saturday. I promise to keep it at a reasonable speed
Old 09-27-2006, 04:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

well how about if we get all the cabins along a certain street we could organize to have the cars all park at an angle side by side down the sides of the street.

// // // //

\\ \\ \\ \\ < like that.

Of course we should offer awards for the best cars in each class (which would entice people to park their cars in this area during the said time @ we could have each car be given a window sheet with the owner's name and screen name along with a voting number.

That would allow us to much easier to assosiate each badass S2000 with their respective S2ki owner.

you could also do some cool street graffiti and write your Screen name in chaulk in front of your car to give it some personal flair. Kinda like your avatar.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:26 PM

or get some vinyl letters and stick 'em on your windshield. But who would do that?

Old 09-28-2006, 05:07 AM

yeah you can see it pretty good in your mirrors

but problem is that some people already have letters on their window representing their local forums....course if ya dont i say ya put the letters on it

Quick Reply: Suggestions for next time?