Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.
View Poll Results: Sunday Activities
AutoX
23.81%
Dragon runs or other twisties
4.76%
Vendor expo
14.29%
Head for home
28.57%
Free time
0%
None of the above!
0%
All of the above!
28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Sunday Activities

Old 08-08-2001, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to gauge interest in various activities for Sunday. Looks like our Fri and Sat are pretty full at this point.

I'll be headed out to an AutoX in the AM if anyone is interested in attending. For those that have never participated this would be a great opportunity. I'd be happy help all the newbies with an orientation etc. Plan to spend the whole day. I think it would be very cool to have 10-15 of us out there showing the local what it's all about!!

I thought other might like to return to the Dragon or just drive some more twisties so thats an option to. Some might like to head up to Smokies/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

There has also been some discussion of a vendor expo similar to the Asheville setup. I'm not sure Sunday is the best day for this since many of you may elect to hit the road for home or attend the AutoX. Maybe this could be tied in with the Westside gathering on Friday when all the vendors would have our undivided attention.

Some of you may elect head for home

Let me know what you preffer.
Old 08-08-2001, 11:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mack, some people may have a longish drive of 4-6 hours or more and others like myself may have a shorter drive.

At S2K Days Sunday morning was kind of a time to wind down but I thought the vendor installs were pretty good though.
Old 08-08-2001, 11:47 AM
Banned

I think we were all a little surprised at how many people actually early Sunday morning of S2KDays. There was a good group remaining, but most decided to pack it in and get on the road. I know I will have to, most likely, get back to Chicago sometime on Sunday...but that could change.

But I wouldn't prepare for TOO many folks hanging through Sunday.
Old 08-08-2001, 12:31 PM

Hi guys.

I don't think we need to have anything to firm for Sunday. I'd preffer to keep it flexible. As I said in some earlier posts i think this event should be about the driving and hangin with friends. I don't want it to be to formal. More like a big "Winter Dragon" if you know what I mean Greg.

We've had some interest in the Vendor thing. Personally it isn't something I'm very interested in but if there is a desire to do it I'm happy to help in any way I can, I just don't really see a good time for it to happen. I do think Friday at Westside might be the best and possibly the only time to do it and it to be worth the Vendors time.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:57 PM

Mack, you may be right about West Side Honda being a good place for the vendors but there may be many people that can't show until late Friday or Saturday. Maybe give the vendors a choice. I'm sure we can do somthing for them at some point and time in the schedule.

Have you thought about doing the Vendor Expo in the hospatality sweet? People may buy more if they've had a few drinks .
Old 08-08-2001, 05:36 PM

You got a point there!

Any ideas about what vendors you might like to see at the event?
Old 08-08-2001, 07:04 PM

Coastal Metals had some great shirts and Hats. Wonder if they could do something for the event? Has anyone talked to them?

Rick Hesel (sp?) should do something to, there, he may be joining us anyway. Everyone likes his accessories. Maybe get a look at that new key he made work.

Also, I'm sure some people would love to have an X-brace installed (Tim Ham from Import Development should be coming up with us).

Not sure if Speed 2000 is interested in selling StonGard, he is also with the Atlanta Club.

I'd like to see a Zaino guy, maybe he could give a demo on one of the cars (or maybe do a fender from each color to show the difference).

I may look into getting some of those special 3M clothes to sell myself, pay for the hotel room .

Did I miss anyone?
Old 08-08-2001, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

college should be in full swing by that time so i will have to head on home early sunday...
Old 08-09-2001, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've never been to or been a part of autox, i might like to check that out....but anything would probably be cool
Old 08-09-2001, 06:31 AM

Received 151 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm thinking AutoX to watch. Never been to one, nor seen one. Might make for an interesting time. Then hit the road to get home(4 hours) by 6:ish or so. Time to wind down from another great weekend!!

Quick Reply: Sunday Activities