Euromeet 2014 - 15th Anniversary Archive of the second Euromeet in Italy

QUICK WAY DOWN AND BACK

Old 01-07-2014, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QUICK WAY DOWN AND BACK

THESE ARE SUGGESTIONS FOR ROUTES AND ARE BASED ON 3 DAYS AT TRENTO. YOU MAY WISH TO ONLY STAY FOR 2 DAYS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL NOT BE TAKING THESE ROUTES, AND IF A NUMBER OF MEMBERS WISH TO USE IT, THEN YOU MAY NEED AN ORGANISER.

If you are looking to spend the least possible time away, then this route is probably the best and TomTom files for the SatNav can be provided..
Route timings are based on stopping every two hours, and travelling on non toll roads apart from possibly a tunnel to get into Italy as the mountain passes may well be blocked with snow.

Tuesday 13 May 2014
Stay the night at the Premier Inn near the Channel Tunnel. £29 at the moment.

Wednesday 14 May 2014
Take Eurotunnel to Calais. Cost £64*** between 0600 and 0800
Calais to Perl (Germany) 277 miles, approximately 4-6 hours driving. The hotel that has been suggested by Andy appears to be fully booked but there are other hotels in the vicinity. Prices range from £40-£100.

Thursday 15 May 2014
Perl to Kempten Germany 273 miles, approx 4-6 hours driving. Hotel prices £60-£100

Friday 16 May 2014
Kempten to Trento via Innsbruck 200 miles, approximately 6 hours.

The main run and Charity Gala Dinner are on the Saturday and most people use the Sunday to recover and explore the area in small groups.

Monday 19 – Wednesday 21 May 2014
I suggest you just reverse the routes, booking in at the same hotels.

The Eurotunnel costs £73*** from around 1400 hours and obviously you have the drive back home from Folkestone to add to the mileage.

Total mileage excluding home to Folkestone & return, and the Euromeet run is 1500 miles.

*** I am trying to negotiate a discount from Eurotunnel, but at the moment they require at least 15 cars and that everyone goes out at the same time and returns at the same time. I have also contacted the various ferry companies and await there replies as an alternative. I travelled by ferry last time and it was not a problem.

If anyone is interested, create a list

Alan
Old 01-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Many thanks for posting this one up.

Minvo
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 AM

Just a tip for anyone booking hotels for the journey there and back.

Use 'quidco.com' to find hotels on the 'hotels.com' and 'bookings.com' websites. You can get between 4% and 8% as cash back using this method.

It all helps to keep the costs down

Alan
Old 01-11-2014, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are using le sau (Thanks Alan) quick route down to Euromeet.
We will be using the Euro tunnel on Wednesday 14th May between 6:00 - 8:00am have not booked yet, waiting for hopefully discount code
Today we have booked our Hotels as follows:

Wednesday 14th May - 1 night - Hotel Perler Hof (Perl) Cost €78 included breakfast

Thursday 15th May - 1 night - Hotel Der Fuerstenhof (Kempton) Cost €82 included breakfast

Return:

Monday 19th May - 1 night - Hotel Der Fuerstenhof (Kempton) Cost €82 included breakfast

Tuesday 20th May - 1 night - Hotel Perler Hof (Perl) Cost €78 included breakfast

If anybody else would like to join us on this route they are more than welcome.

Looking forward to a great Euromeet

Lorraine & Steve
Old 01-14-2014, 07:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Loarraine, are you able to post up exact locations or websites for the hotels so that I can see where they are?

Thanks
Martin
Old 01-14-2014, 02:35 PM

We really wanted to do this but have to be back in the Midlands for Tuesday night,getting out there isn't an issue, just getting back in time to start work on Wednesday morning. Looking at the distances involved and the route plans provided I don't think it's feasible, even starting back on Sunday morning. Any suggestions otherwise would be appreciated before we give up on going altogether.

Thanks

John and Shirley.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you leave sunday it should be possible to get back in time.
For me it takes about 11 hours to Eindhoven in the Netherlands from lake Garda.
9,5 when I leave early and make good use of the unrestricted parts.

And if you want to take it easier. Instead of driving all sunday and monday.

Leave sunday. Drive to Rotterdam monday evening and take the P&O or Stenaline back. Then you will arrive tuesday morning in GB after a nice cruise .

I think from Italy to Rotterdam will be 13 or 14hours driving.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 AM

We are going to try to get back to the UK by Tuesday night as well, although only just north of London. We are planning to leave Monday morning and be back by Tuesday night. Hopefully it will be possible, although quite long drives each day.

May try to take the Wednesday off work as well!!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by LapDancer
We are using le sau (Thanks Alan) quick route down to Euromeet.
We will be using the Euro tunnel on Wednesday 14th May between 6:00 - 8:00am have not booked yet, waiting for hopefully discount code
Today we have booked our Hotels as follows:

Wednesday 14th May - 1 night - Hotel Perler Hof (Perl) Cost €78 included breakfast

Thursday 15th May - 1 night - Hotel Der Fuerstenhof (Kempton) Cost €82 included breakfast

Return:

Monday 19th May - 1 night - Hotel Der Fuerstenhof (Kempton) Cost €82 included breakfast

Tuesday 20th May - 1 night - Hotel Perler Hof (Perl) Cost €78 included breakfast

If anybody else would like to join us on this route they are more than welcome.

Looking forward to a great Euromeet

Lorraine & Steve
Hi Lapdancer can we join you for the trip down looks like a good route to get there........hotel's are all booked.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:19 AM

Gee-money you are welcome to join us on the route down. We have a small convoy driving down now if anybody else wishes
to join us let us know.

Convoy:-
Lapdancer
Tee jay
Gee-money
Rich 3

Still waiting for likely discount code for tunnel....will keep you all posted as to what time to book on Tunnel.
Will contact all nearer the time to confirm meeting points and times. We will also try and meet up with Minvo's group on
Friday so we can have a larger GB convoy into resort.

Euro meet 2014 Here we come!

Quick Reply: QUICK WAY DOWN AND BACK