European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

European Meeting **** must read ****

Old 02-25-2002, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sun, Tifosi Red,

For the hotel in Andorra I recommend the 1st one as the prices are lower and you get the same level of service. Also location is better.
Hope this helps,
Victor.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:51 PM
SUN

Hi Victor

Any choice is OK for me, so just pick one with enough rooms !
Old 02-26-2002, 04:41 PM

Our italian friends are having a meeting in Tuscany on May 1-5. Bad timing... Let's try to convince them to shift their meeting west... See www.s2kclub.it They are discussing our meeting in the "club" forum.

Luis
Old 02-27-2002, 01:45 AM

Originally posted by SUN
Hi Victor

Any choice is OK for me, so just pick one with enough rooms !
Hi Sun,

YOU would have to book the rooms as I am not sure of the number of participants.

Victor.
Old 02-27-2002, 06:43 AM

ok guys, here is the deal:
As we are only 6 registered people right now I suggest that we rent the circuit for half-day on April 30th from 1.30pm to 5.30pm.
The price including all security options (doctor, ambulance and marshall) and taxes is EUR 1,740.18 which means each of us would have to pay EUR 290.
I suggest that we pay now and that in the case some people sign up later on I reimburse you. I will provide you with my bank account details as soon as everybody agreed on this. The circuit organisation requires just one payment thus I will wire the money once I received all your payments.
Please note that we have an option on the circuit until March 4th so the payments have to be processed asap.

Victor.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:20 AM

That sounds fine Victor, shame we couldn't have gone for the full day but I'm sure we will find something else to do as well.

If you PM or mail me your bank details I'll wire the money through.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:12 AM

Victor,

So they told you that we must pay in full now, instead of the 50%? It's still ok with me, just post or email bank details.

Although I'm not an early bird, it's probably better to do the half day in the morning.

My reasoning for that is the following:
  • We will overnight at Pau Arnos
  • We still have to drive back to Andorra
  • Some people may need time to chase tyres, pads and brake oil after the event

What do you think? Shall we take a poll?

I would also try to get a "reserve" on the track for the full day as long as possible, I am convinced that many more people will join.

BTW... anyone interested in driver instruction? I understand the track can organize that.

I also suggest we leave some money for prizes... I am planning to take my measurement equipment with me, and we can award something (a gallon of oil? ) to the quickest car...
Old 02-27-2002, 10:41 AM

Luis,

I suggest the following: instead of spending the night of April 29th to April 30th in Pau why not stay there from April 30 to May 1 and in Andorra from May 1 to May 2.
The problem is that in the morning we would only be able to race from 9 to 12am for the same price which makes us loose one hour of driving time.

PS: As for the payment you are right : we just need to make a deposit of 50% to book the track. However you have to pay the remaining 50% 8 days before the deadline which makes us wire the money twice thus increasing charges.

Victor.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:20 AM

Some details about the track:

In its "full version" the track is 3,730 meters long. However we will just be able to use the 3,030 m track with a 55m height difference between its highest and lowest points.
There are 12 turns and the road is 10 to 12m wide.

Some pictures:

Old 02-27-2002, 01:01 PM
SUN

Hi Victor

I'm in on this alternative solution as well, but hurry up with your bank details. Since as I posted earlier I'm leaving tomorrow evening for an extended weekend without internet :-). And I'm first back on wednesday, but I'm in for sure, and trust me you will get your money anyway !

Quick Reply: European Meeting **** must read ****