European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

German Car Prices

Old 11-21-2007, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default German Car Prices

Hello from South Carolina, USA. I am considering a job offer from a German financial company in Munich. I'm trying to work out an acceptable deal, and am working to get a better understanding of the cost of living in that area.

One of the missing pieces is what does it cost to purchase a car as compared to the US? Say for example a Honda Accord or BMW 325 sedan.

Can anyone here tell me what they are selling for in Euro's right now??? How about insurance cost?

Untimately, I'm also trying to decide if it is cost effective to import my USA spec'd 2004 S2000. I'd love to have it for Nurburgring entertainment if it would save me any money by bringing it with me versus looking for another sports car.

Thanks in advance for any help. I leave for Munich tomorrow to look for housing and see if the offer provides similar compensation to meet my current standard of living in South Carolina. I will only have three days there, and I don't yet speak any German!

Glenn.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 PM

Munich is one of the most expensive city when it comes down to housing costs.

But as you asked for car prices check

www.mobile.de

or www.autoscout24.de

let us know when you plan a trip to the ring.

Some of us live closeby
Old 11-21-2007, 01:18 PM

Didn't think to check the German websites of Honda and BMW. I figured out the retail prices.

Looks like the 'average' german family car has considerably less power than its US equivalent...

G.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM

Probably correct because as prices are considerably higher in Europe.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gringo,Nov 21 2007, 02:18 PM
Looks like the 'average' german family car has considerably less power than its US equivalent...
That's right..

But what is also right is that here you can go with your crappy 1.6 BMW legally *MUCH* faster than in the USA with your 6L V8 and that crappy 55mph speed limit..

I would say that now the standard family car in germany is a diesel Estate car (BMW 3r, Audi A4...) with a engine from 2.0L to 3.0L..

with this you can reach (or almost reach) 250km/h (155mph) which is a confortable speed in the german autobahn.

Cars are more expensive.. I don't know about US insurances but in germany they are expensive (in comparison to the rest of europe), but thats nothing compared to the price of the gas (even more expensive)

Additionally.. as your currency is US$, you will have to convert them to
Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 AM

I'm an American moving to Gie
Old 12-26-2007, 07:51 AM

Good research
Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 PM

I loved living in Germany!! But I am in the USAF and was exempt from almost all of the taxes. You will love it there! I am in Hawaii now, but would get on a plane and move back to the Pfalz in a heartbeat!!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:12 AM

i'm working in munich as well and the cost of living, if you're converting dollars to euros, is high. i walk by a benz dealership occasionally and the prices seem high even if they were in dollars. clothes are expensive, food is expensive...good luck.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=sleeper_s2k,Feb 6 2008, 09:12 AM]i'm working in munich as well and the cost of living, if you're converting dollars to euros, is high.

Quick Reply: German Car Prices