European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

s2000 meet&greet in belgium

Old 03-27-2005, 02:00 AM
SUN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys

Sounds like we have got quite a small crowd gathered, meybe we can even manage to get more cars in before the meet. Yep cool to have some of the old lads in as well as some new faces.

Yves do you know any great places to meet in Weiswampach? It's been a long time since I've been that far north :-)

At what time can we start 10:00 or even earlier ? And at what time do you guys need to head back home ?

My car should also be ready, insurance is on as of 1st of April. The 4th of April she goes in the garage to have new brakes and clutch fitted. And after this meet she should also be ready for 4 new shoes :-)

Looking forward to a great meet.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still in!!

The attendee list is turning out to be really nice! With old and new faces for all I think! I'm really excited about it! (And I will be able to make it - which is nothing short of a small miracle!!)

Anyway, both options sound great, but 10.00am is a little bit too early maybe? But than again, if everybody will be there at that time, I'll get up real early too! (For some folks in the North of Holland the drive will be 3 1/2+ hours to get there).

Take care and see you guys soon!!!

Siepel
Old 03-27-2005, 11:38 AM

I know SUN has suggested Weiswampach, but i would still like to make a second suggestion.

Basically, Weiswampach (i had to look it up on the map - took me some time to find it!) is a VERY LONG way away. I live in Dordrecht, close to the Belgian border, and that is already 270km (one-way) away. For some folks in Holland who live closer to Asterdam it would be 300+ km.

I would therefore suggest something more central. Somewhere in the triangle Luik-Brussel-Maastricht. Certainly there should be some good terrain for driving around the Limburg area?

Is this still open for discussion? April 17th is certainly still good.

Tell me what you guys think.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:19 AM

I'll try to make it also!!
Old 03-29-2005, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to get things straightened out:

- 17 April:

Flow originally indicated the possibility of a Meet on 17 April, and Sun has given some good driving tour options that we could pursue.

It would be great if we could all agree on a good combination, as I am not sure if there isn't a slight conflict with plans.

My personal preference is to meet the other members and drive around a little bit (some of us will do plenty of driving to get there anyway). Maybe have a chance for some picture taking etc. but mainly to get a feel of all the people in the group.

After that it should be a lot more personal to make future plans for real trips, if you know what I mean.

Basically, the location is not the most important thing, but we should have the ability to park and act as a group (not that we will be scattered around town).

Of course I still prefer 17 April for this. Location "Leuven" in Belgium would be preferred, as Flow can do some planning (locations).

Sun: although not your homeland, maybe you can still fit in some route advice in this case?

- Future trips:

If more actual "driving" will be involved, how about an overnight kind of trip approach? Not full-service, but everyone can try to arrange something for him/herself. In that case we won't be putting too much burden on the individuals who have to plan all that. We're all capable of doing a little bit of planning personally, eh?

I'm also checking to see if I can get some good routes in Holland and I already have found some promising material.

Well, I hope that I didn't make things too complicated by "chiming in" at this point in time, but I really want to start my S2000 on the 17th and meet ALL you guys!!

Really hope so see you soon!

Siepel
Old 03-29-2005, 08:12 AM

I'm with siepel on this .
I think the greeting part will get lost and i'm looking forward to meet you guys and have a good look at the cars .But i Must say the meet that SUN wants to do looks really great .
So i suggest that we first get to know everybody .

Hear me out .
Let me do the meet&greet i was planning to organise . So we meet somewhere around leuven and go to a parking/caf
Old 03-29-2005, 08:23 AM

For me, Leuven sounds good.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:04 PM

My personal preference is to meet the other members and drive around a little bit (some of us will do plenty of driving to get there anyway). Maybe have a chance for some picture taking etc. but mainly to get a feel of all the people in the group.

After that it should be a lot more personal to make future plans for real trips, if you know what I mean.
with Siepel

I prefer Leuven as a location for the first meet and greet because its a little closer to my home. And probably central in in the Benelux for everyone who wants to come.

Maybe the Luxemburg meet could be organised a little later in the year, more chance of nice weather for a group drive.
Then I can make this one a two day trip too. And it gives me some more time to find a female co-pilot .

Hope to see all you guys and girls on april 17
Gianni