European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Vortech SC'd S2000 in the Netherlands!! Is it the first?

Old 09-18-2003, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Siepel

Good to have you on board, the more the better! I had confirmation that my cash transfer has be received and that the kit is on its way. It has to come from the USA via England so I hope to get it some time next week. That weekend is my birthday and it's just the present I want, good timing. I'll probably have to wait to begin with the installation until the following weekend.
I agree with you the only legal problem I can foresee in the Netherlands is the exhaust issue. I don't think it will be a problem though as I think the APK stipulates that the measurements are taken at the factory idle RPM, and as the SC does not begin to supply boost until 3000RPM it should differ little from the stock car.
As far as I'm aware there is no way of adjusting the boost of the SC other than changing the drive pully diameters. As the SC is directly driven from the engine it gives a pretty linear boost from 3000 thru to 9000 RPM. I believe you can fit a blow off valve to limit the maximum delivered boost to protect the engine at high revs. I don't think this is necessary with the stock pulleys delivered with the kit, but if you want to use a different pully to increase the boost the blow off valve can be used to limit the high RPM boost.
If anyone has a different story or can add to this I would be very interested.

Till next time Kevin
Old 09-18-2003, 04:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Kevin!

During the APK the car will be tested at idle but also at high idle (> 2000 RPM).

I think your car will be up soon, so why don't you ask what is measured and against which limits. At least than you know.

Best regards,

Siepel

PS: Don't you love this nice weather we're having??
Old 09-18-2003, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Siepel

PS: Don't you love this nice weather we're having??

hehe , i'm loving the nice weather also , its been a great summer and sun keeps on shining .
Old 09-18-2003, 10:18 AM

Just been through the first APK last April, so I think I'll just take my chances !

Kevin
Old 09-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Zam

Hey, could you post pics of your removed headlight washers? I've seen some body colored washers, but none that have been removed.

Thanks and good luck with the blower!
Old 09-19-2003, 10:14 AM

I'll take some pics when I'm ready for the SC install.

Kevin
Old 09-20-2003, 12:25 AM

I've just been reading up on these special "oil bolts" that people fit to their cars in the USA when they go SC. My car being European has been through the re-call for spark-Plugs and some oil bolt changes in the sump.
Does this mean I do not need to fit these new bolts when I install my SC?

Kevin
Old 09-20-2003, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kstokell
I've just been reading up on these special "oil bolts" that people fit to their cars in the USA when they go SC. My car being European has been through the re-call for spark-Plugs and some oil bolt changes in the sump.
Does this mean I do not need to fit these new bolts when I install my SC?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Those "special oil bolts" are indeed the bolts that European cars received at the re-calls that you indicated. So you already have those new bolts fitted in your car.

The oil bolt re-call was never done in the US, because the driving conditions are less severe there (yeah... right, it means that Honda of America wanted to save a couple of bucks and not take responsibility by claiming any engine failure is due to over-revving - but that's another issue).

Regards,

Siepel
Old 09-21-2003, 12:57 AM

Thanks Siepel,

I thought that was the case.

Kevin
Old 09-30-2003, 02:00 PM

Hi Kevin

Last week I saw in a shop a dutch magazine I guess it's called "GTI Tuning" with a report (2 pages) of a light blue S2K with SC in Holland. Have you seen this? I didn't buy it, sorry.

Quick Reply: Vortech SC'd S2000 in the Netherlands!! Is it the first?