Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

The 12 Hours Of Sebring

Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool The 12 Hours Of Sebring

I took a quick look and I didn't see a thread on here about it, but is anyone going to the 12 hours this year?

Also, it's been a while since I've been on so, how is everyone doing?
Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 AM

You actually sit around for 12 hours to watch a race? I don't think I can do that......
Old 03-13-2009, 04:07 AM

LOL sure do, this is the second year in a row it was way to much fun to miss out we wanted to get an RV and camp for a few days but the fundage ran a little short for something like this right now
Old 03-13-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I think Im headed out to this event
Old 03-13-2009, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RENDERMAN,Mar 13 2009, 07:44 AM
You actually sit around for 12 hours to watch a race? I don't think I can do that......
There is MUCH drinking involved. I usually crack my first beer at 9am. Wife and I pack a bag with refreshments and walk the entire circuit of the track. You will see everything from a pup tent to 3 million$ motorhomes. It has alway reminded me of a post-apocolyptic world. Sort of like Mad Max meets Marth Stewart Especially the next day when everthing was set on fire after the race......including a few cars. I do not take a nice vehicle to sebring....def the Jeep.

Good times but Ihavent been there in a few years. BTW....it is worth it to pay for North Paddock Parking and camp in that area. Do not plan on camping in the green park area as that is where the bonfires burn after the race. We camped ther the first time and someone started a fire right next to our tent. At 2am we through everything into the car and drove home.....it was scary......a kind of mob mentality with lots of alcohol going on.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=captainbk,Mar 13 2009, 11:49 AM]There is MUCH drinking involved.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:42 AM

^lol, i have been wanting to go to this for the last couple of years. my cousin w/ the big RV mentioned it when we went down there w/ NASA last May. When is the 12 hours of Sebring? This way we can purchase tickets, RV spot, etc
Old 03-13-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RENDERMAN,Mar 13 2009, 01:11 PM
All that stuff goes on in a race??? That doesn't sound like that save environment we're costumed to watch on TV, these young southern race car drivers look so wholesome...
I think you are confused.....this is not NASCAR. Total different fan base. You have almost equal numbers of beater vans and private jets attend sebring. Next to the 24 hours of Le mans this is one of the premier sports car races of the world. Highland county expands by 500,000 for the weekend.

It really is a great time but it has gotten crowded. You almost have to get there on Wed before the race to get the better non reserved camping sites. 10 years ago you could show up on friday afternoon and take your pic of spots. The american le mans series has really improved the attendance. Unlike other races, all fans are welcom in the paddock area. They have made it very fan friendly.

Here is the link to the race web site Sebring

Old 03-13-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by captainbk,Mar 13 2009, 01:23 PM
I think you are confused.....this is not NASCAR. Total different fan base. You have almost equal numbers of beater vans and private jets attend sebring. Next to the 24 hours of Le mans this is one of the premier sports car races of the world. Highland county expands by 500,000 for the weekend.

It really is a great time but it has gotten crowded. You almost have to get there on Wed before the race to get the better non reserved camping sites. 10 years ago you could show up on friday afternoon and take your pic of spots. The american le mans series has really improved the attendance. Unlike other races, all fans are welcom in the paddock area. They have made it very fan friendly.

Here is the link to the race web site Sebring
So....does this mean you're attending?

I think Im headed out to this event
and how about you? we should try to throw something together at the last min if we can I would have made a better attempt but I just found out I was going yesterday LMAO
Old 03-14-2009, 07:03 AM

So, you guys going?

Quick Reply: The 12 Hours Of Sebring