Looking to get the car painted.

Where have you guys been? Good and bad

How much did it cost?

How good was the paint job?

Thanks,
James
Old 05-09-2010, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well everything rrally depends on who does the job and how good of a paint job you want
Old 05-10-2010, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, as far as pricing goes, the best thing for you to do is call around to different shops in your area. The pricing for the body shop I work at on an all over generally starts at about $3000. That comes with a lifetime warranty on all paint and bodywork (make sure you go to a shop that provides a lifetime warranty). Some shops only warranty for 1 to 2 years, and their is a reason behind that. Basically, you get what you pay for.

My shop just recently did an all over on my vehicle and it looks amazing. Their were a few spots that didn't turn out quite right, and the great thing about that lifetime warranty is there are no questions asked. They are actually fixing the boo boos as I type this.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:09 PM

Yea, just want a few replies from people that had their cars painted.

I'm not sure I could convince myself to spend $3k on a paint job for a 10 year old car with 85k miles, but lifetime warranty sounds nice.

What does the warranty cover/not cover?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen paint jobs from 500 to 4500 and ya definitly get what ya pay for. If I was concidering having My s painted, even though it is a 2001 I would go with spending 3000 on the paint, then doing what is needed to keep it in good shape. Bear in mind that there are no more S2000s coming from the factory and the feild of existing cars is getting smaller by the day due to wrecks, cars going into racing etc. In a couple of years you will have a car that is going up in value and a good quality finish will only help.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by coursevector,May 11 2010, 06:09 PM
Yea, just want a few replies from people that had their cars painted.

I'm not sure I could convince myself to spend $3k on a paint job for a 10 year old car with 85k miles, but lifetime warranty sounds nice.

What does the warranty cover/not cover?
Our lifetime warranty includes any bodywork that has been done to your vehicle (i.e. if bondo was to pop out or it looks wavy, ect.), and all of our paint work (i.e. if clear coat started peeling, trash in the paint, color match, ect.). It does not include rock chips after the vehicle has been painted or any damages thereafter.

So if your car was to get keyed on a door that you just repainted or you hop a curb and damage your bumper that you just had repainted, we do not cover that, but I'm sure we could work in a discount for coming back to us

Our warranty is there to basically back up the fact that we use good quality paints and our clear coats can last the lifetime of your vehicle. It's there as reassurance for our clients who come in and spend $3K on a paint job, because it is a lot of money and we want you to feel like you are investing it

Before I bought my car someone had it painted at a shop that only had a 2 year warranty. It began peeling when I had the vehicle and when my shop was taking it apart to do the all over job, there was over-spray EVERYWHERE. It was a nightmare. . .

Anyway, good luck in your search, and let me know if I can help you out in any way!