Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Bucket List Quest To Out Of State Track

Old 10-24-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Even though Ive been known to load up the S2.

The rig in the picture was just to get my new tires mounted down the street. Ill be driving the RS-3s there and back.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:00 PM

Barber is fantastic. I don't even know what to say. The grounds are over the top. I've never seen so much money thrown at a facility. Bat shit crazy sculptures all over the track and grounds. They pressure wash all the skid marks off the track every event. The paddock is multi tier multi level with showers and electrical hookups in the padock. The corner workers are perfectly placed and do a great job. You stand on the gas thru these gravity cavities where the car is ripping and making impossible grip. The grip in this track is just incredible. Mid south combines DE 4 and 3 at this event and there's all these big dog cars with DE3 drivers for me to play with. I got so much great video and borrowed another camera for some great lead and follow. I'm ruined on all other tracks forever.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds awesome jeff! cant wait to see the videos!
Old 11-01-2015, 08:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's awesome man! Can't wait to hear more about it
Old 11-03-2015, 06:21 PM

The Night Man Cometh.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8HJzjbTsnc
Old 11-03-2015, 06:55 PM

Epic Laps!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k57ycIfCG10
Old 11-05-2015, 03:59 PM

Come on down to Jeffrey's Alabama Bunker for a great deal on a new Porsche. Ill eat a bucket of scorpions if you can find a better deal.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:27 PM

Crazy art from the grounds at Barber.

As usual i was the last person in the paddock at the end of a track weekend.

But wait, whose this?

Charles with his BB AP2 partook in the final power hour of the weekend though he had two other companions on track. I ran 4 wet sessions in a row on Sunday and with lap times falling as the track became more and more saturated, I packed up early for the long drive home, content to not have an accident in the wet. My last glimpse of the track as I neared the gate were of Charles cresting turn 13, bombing down the hill into the carousel 14. It was a picture perfect send off to the point where I got emotional. What a track. Im planning on going back for this event next year. The NASA Mid South group is highly organized and friendly. I would highly suggest Barber over Road Atlanta to anyone thinking of going out of state.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:06 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Dead Serious
The NASA Mid South group is highly organized and friendly. I would highly suggest Barber over Road Atlanta to anyone thinking of going out of state.
The Taylors are great people. I can't believe I only made it to one Mid South event this year, but I think I am going to run their full schedule and run NASA Florida events next year.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Jeff, it's Charles. It's nice to know my driving brought you to tears. I agree Barber is awesome.

I'd also recommend Atlanta Motorsports Park to those that can find the time. It's similar to Barber in style, very technical, but the rate of elevation change is even more intense. It is tighter than it looks in the videos, all of the turns are right on top of each other. Facilities are not as nice right now since it is fairly new and still under construction and it seems hard to find a group that will host events two days in a row.

I posted my laps (dry and wet) in the "post your best lap times" thread.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/660...t__p__23796738

Quick Reply: Bucket List Quest To Out Of State Track