Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in CF parts ?
Yep , I'd be down , CF is cool .
87.88%
Nah , not interested , CF is dumb .
12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Carbon Fiber , anyone ?

Old 07-24-2006, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber , anyone ?

**This is not an attempt to sell anything . If there is enough interest , I'll go through the proper channels to legally offer these items on the forums . **

Alrighty then . I'm starting this poll to find out if anyone would be interested in quality , locally made carbon fiber parts . I've recently met an individual who works with CF on a daily basis in the aerospace industry , and has his own shop on the side , and has agreed to one-off some parts for me . Over the course of our discussions , it has come up that he would like to work with our community to offer parts for our vehicles that are higher quality and less expensive than the majority of the items avavilable currently . Scott (ssap1) and I are already working together on ideas - the first two being :

*AP1 OEM style front bumper cover in full CF , possibly with a molded in front lip . We're going AP1 because that's what we both have . The lip may or may not be OEM style . We may design our own .

*Front Fenders in full CF , with extended fender arches . We're going with the extended (I don't want to use the term "wide-body") arches because we're both interested in going to a non-staggered wheel fitment eventually .

These two items were initially going to be designed for Scott and I ONLY , but we figured we'd see if anyone else was interested . We'll be using 1x1 or 2x2 weave primarily , with the option of both standard or "dry" carbon finishes .

All that being said , we are not limited to these parts only . This is where we need help from eveyone else . What would you be interested in seeing ? Interior parts ? Engine bay parts ? Cast your vote in the poll , and post up with suggestions . The bumper and fenders WILL be made for Scott and I regardless , but if you'd be interested in them , or something else , let us know . I'll be taking ideas from this thread directly , and I'll keep it updated with pics and specs and such as things progress .

Again , we're not selling anything . If we can get enough things going , we may , in the future , offer them here . We're just trying to find out who would be interested in what . This is not a guarantee of items to be offered . Please do not inquire about price or availability . That info will be posted at the proper time . Thanks in advance for voting and your input .
Old 07-24-2006, 08:17 AM

I'm interested to see what you guys come up with...

There are so many possabilities.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:25 AM

Mmmmm custom cf parts .... i think i just might be getting a bit aroused
Old 07-24-2006, 08:28 AM

Received 1,109 Likes on 989 Posts

[QUOTE=j_c_a,Jul 24 2006, 12:25 PM] Mmmmm custom cf parts .... i think i just might be getting a bit aroused
Old 07-24-2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by zdave87,Jul 24 2006, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Jeremy doesn't want to make carbon fiber
Nah . I chafe easily and it might itch . FYI , I'll be bringing some samples (non-S2K parts) and photos to Friday's meet , so if anyone wants to inspect the quality or see what's possible come on out .
Old 07-24-2006, 08:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Assuming money wasn't so tight... there are sooooo many possibilities for parts to be made. For example, the engine bay dressup kit and front fender cutouts offered by the now-defunct Mastergrade would be high on my list of wants. In some cases, such as the fenders, I would even take pieces normally considered throw-aways due to poor weave, blemishes, etc. since I would be painting over them.

Can your guy fix cracks in carbon fiber? I have a hood in need of some serious repair...
Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by MacGyver,Jul 24 2006, 12:47 PM
Assuming money wasn't so tight... there are sooooo many possibilities for parts to be made. For example, the engine bay dressup kit and front fender cutouts offered by the now-defunct Mastergrade would be high on my list of wants. In some cases, such as the fenders, I would even take pieces normally considered throw-aways due to poor weave, blemishes, etc. since I would be painting over them.

Can your guy fix cracks in carbon fiber? I have a hood in need of some serious repair...
I can ask about repairs , and let you know . As far as the parts you mentioned , they are well within the realm of possibilities here . We're talking some pretty high-tech equipment here . All forms of CF manufacturing are available to this guy , hand-laid , molded , you name it . Keep 'em coming guys - this is the kind of feedback we need , and thank you for your votes . The more interest I can show , the lower the eventual prices will be .
Old 07-24-2006, 09:08 AM

brake ducts.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Jul 24 2006, 01:08 PM
brake ducts.
.... Already being considered as one of the key elements in the bumper design - another reason for going with the AP1 layout . The "faux" ducts already there are in a more convenient location than the AP2 .
Old 07-24-2006, 09:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

how about a CF interior trunk.. Like for a sub or something?? or CF Eye Lids??.. just some ideas

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber , anyone ?