Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Deland Autocross

Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deland Autocross

Hiya All! Well this is my first post ever and I wanted to make sure I had something say so I am happy to annouce that the pics are up and ready for everyone's viewing pleasure from Sundays' Autocross in Deland! We had a great turnout and even a greater time! We met some new S2000 owners, inlcuding Joshua and his Berlina Black S2000 so everyone be sure to give him a revved up welcome to the family and mingled with the not so new members. lol We also received a fresh lesson in the old adage that you can't judge a book by it's cover as we met John and his Saturn and watched him burn rubber faster than any other car in his class! I definitely will be looking twice before I ever turn my nose down at a Saturn. lol We even had a turnout by ZDave though next time we'll get him to race. I even joined the ranks of autocross racing and this racergirl enjoyed every second of it! Oh and we even had some father son competition with fairly new member Jeff and his son! Nothing like like a little competition for some male bonding right? Both did some great runs and I'm glad all came out! Though no one brought home trophies from yesterday's fanfare we did have some close calls!
Williegee was racing in the BSP heat with a time of 39 seconds flat! Way to go! Sadly he was just barely nudged out of his top spot however, l see some R Compound tires in his near future! lol
Everyone be sure to give Jack a good pat on the back when you next see him. He placed 3rd in his Silverstone S2000 until he was just barely slipped past and pushed to 4th. So though he didn't get the trophy in Deland he gets the trophy from us for one hell of a run!
Grats to you both!
For the pics you'll find them in the members album in the gallery. The album is titled Deland Autocross and created by SinsinS2000. If anyone wants copies or the orginal sized pics just pm me which ones you want and I'll be happy to send them to you.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 1,122 Likes on 1,000 Posts

'Twas fun.

How did that red pickup truck do?

Old 05-21-2007, 05:28 PM

Here's John putting the Saturn through it's paces:

I've never looked at a Saturn the same way, ever since I've seen this natural drive it at the limit.

Yes folks that's a first in class STS car. He's also the point leader for SCCA East. Impressed?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:32 PM

Yours truly kicking up some dust. I got third in my class.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:34 PM

I think someone was throwing cones at Josh's car!

A very badass black on black on black AP1. Good meeting you man!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 PM

SinSin cooking the corners!

She did great for her first time out and I have a feeling that this racer chick will proove to be a contender in no time.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:39 PM

REOE really stepped it up this time around. His driving keeps getting better and better. He placed in A stock, not bad for street tires. A fast learner to be certain.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:49 PM

Good pics, thanks to both Cindy and Tom for the pics. "Damn R- compound tires!" BTW, Bill, please PM the the site for the permanent numbers. I want to graduate from the blue tape. As always, the S2ki crew was well represented. And then we had John taking all in his class, in a saturn no less, fine driving as always.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:50 PM

How about this for natural competition?

Jeff comes out to many of these auto-x's and brings his son. They trade off the car and compete for the better time. It is a family affair.

I guess I haveta wait a few years before I can race Eli.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:56 PM

all pics by Tom and Cindy!

thanks guys looking forward to Sebring!

Quick Reply: Deland Autocross