Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Girls - does the ride matter?

Old 02-20-2006, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could see the S2k being some what appealing to a girl's eye. It's nice sleek lines, drop top, etc. probably make it an eye catcher to the type of girl that likes dudes for there rides and what not. Now try that with a Subaru, lol. I doubt my car catches ANY straight laced girls eyes with it's awkward, sticks out in a crowd design.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:09 PM

Exclamation

thee only girls you are going to impress in a s2k are thee ones that know something about thee car and have some type of appreciation for it.....most probably wont know thee difference between that and a miata

When I see a guy in an S and think....."what an intelligent young gentleman with excellent taste in motor vehicles"
Old 02-20-2006, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=M Polo,Feb 20 2006, 03:14 PM] I could see the S2k being some what appealing to a girl's eye.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell ya im with ya don, love the post. Dont ever buy anything in hopes of impressing a chick cause thats just gonna disappoint you as its a wasted investment. Just do what makes you happy and if you meet a girl then great and if not who cares, plenty of em out there.

Its no big deal, unless youre not gettnig any, lol just thought id share that little quote, gl though!
Old 02-20-2006, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,Feb 20 2006, 02:48 AM
Do you pick him over the guy driving the Scion?
Any chick who picks a guy based primarily on what type of car he drives really needs to get her priorities straight.

Personally, the S is a good looking car and I'm sure it'll get plenty of real compliments from women (and men too). However, from what I've seen, most of the compliments from women are along the lines of "oh, what a cute car". A chick who can offer up some sort of comment that's beyond just the looks of the car is much more likely to impress a guy!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:03 PM

Girls that are attracted to cars think money goes along with it, so sell the car and have fun for a month with a hot chick.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:20 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Feb 20 2006, 09:23 AM

You want a chick magnet: get a puppy and a personality.

You want to impress women: get better shoes and ears that work.

The s2k isn't the best thing to impress women with. As a matter of fact, most people see me in the car and they make all kinds of stereotype assumptions. They think I'm a snooty jerk.

When ride my bike with my dog on the same street, many girls that turned thier nose up at my car will stop me and pet my dog, and try to make coversation with me.

I just think a guy on a bike with a good looking dog is alot more approachable than a guy in a sports car. My two cents.
But step it up a puppy and an S2K
Old 02-20-2006, 04:00 PM

if you want a car to impress girls, it shouldn't be a honda...
maybe a porsche or benz
And most people don't buy the s2000 because it is a chick magnet. They buy it because it is pure sex...
It is a freaking pure sports car for 34k. It isnt a GT, or a sporty car... it is a sport roadster.
Everyone(majority) who bought the car wanted it since it came out. Most didnt buy the car for straight line performance, or cornering, or looks... but all combined. Most love the car. Which is why here in Jax.. we can get 15-20 ppl every sat night together... now im babbling..bye
Old 02-20-2006, 05:40 PM

pfft.

id go for a guy in a honda faster than i ever would in a porsche. most porsche guys are losers that dont know anything about cars, sports cars, horsepower, etc. they just buy it because its a porsche and they THINK that its going to get the ladies. it might get ladies but not REAL ladies in my opinion. trophy wives only hold interest for so long.

i want a guy with a nice car that knows about it and knows how to drive it as well (haaaaaaaaa about saturday night and my nutty husband with his driving skills...moving on!)

porsches and benzs are a dime a dozen but a swangin ass car like ours. even with our 15-20 s2ks at our jax meet you still see TWICE as many porsches and three times as many benzs rolling around here than s2000s. come on honestly...which would you pick?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what if your husband drove a Porche?

I agree trophy wives suck - I go to FSU and it seems half the girls' goals here are to be trophy wives with an IQ of 52. If I wanted a trophy wife, I would've spent the 34k on a Boxster or an SLK that drives like ass, is impossible to maintain and makes me look like I'm over-compensating for something

Girls that race are way hotter, and I think if a girl can put up with me spending ungodly amounts of money on a cool car I would pretty much be obligated to marry her. Yes, I said it. I will be someone's slave in exchange for a lil lovin and letting me race .

BTW great pic of the puppy/S2K combo - the only thing better than a V-AFC is watching a ferocius animal attack it

Quick Reply: Girls - does the ride matter?