Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

I'm so HEATED!

Old 05-13-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I'm so HEATED!

I'm so fu(king pissed off right now....So let me start from the beginning.....Just driving down hwy 50 turning left on 436 and this cop comes out of nowhere and starts getting on my ass...slowing down then speeding up. I just kinda keep it below the speed limit. But still this guy stops me....Ask for my drivers license and I give him my new jersey drivers (b/c I lived there and just recently got out of the navy, served 4 yrs) says, "where's your florida one???...It's expired, isn't it???" keeps on insisting he can take me to jail right now. I tell him I just got here couple months ago and just visiting and stayin w/ my family til I find my own place somewhere. I have florida plates b/c I bought it in florida when I went to visit my family couple years ago.. Just basically being a dick. He runs my info, makes me wait for an whole hour then comes back to tell me he's giving me a ticket for have a expired florida drivers license. I recieved my first drivers licenses in orlando but then I moved to new jersey so that's why I have it. At this point he's just be a bigger DICK...then gives me a ticket for have a expired florida drivers license.....then I ask him why he stopped me he says b/c I scanned your drivers license down and it came up as expired.... yeeaaa RIGHT!!!!.....And it's not one of those tickets you pay...it's the ones you have to go to court for.....and apparently I canNOT drive til the end of this month!!!!!!!.....What the hell am I going to do about getting to work now....WTF!!!

I'm just so pissed off right now
Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 PM

You have a valid license though. I don't get the ticket.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:47 PM

yea I don't get it to.....the worst part is I can't drive til MAY 31 b/c I need to appear in court......this is BS....I swear he only did that b/c I was asian
Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 PM

This makes no sense.

Either you have a valid license or you don't. There is a law regarding getting a new license when you move to a new location and live there for more than a certain period of time, but that is a seperate thing.

Bottom line, if you have a valid NJ license you should be fine. I would go to a OCPD substation and ask for a supervisor. Explain the situation to him and if you're legit than you should be fine.

Also, police can look up your DL info if the vehicle you're driving is registered in your name. All they have to do is run the tag and it will give them the DL info of the person it is registered to(which in this case is you).

Craig
Old 05-14-2007, 03:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's illegal to have a driver's license registered for more than one state...so why was he expecting you have a valid FL license if you have an NJ license? Was the NJ license expired? Don't the military have auto-renew or something while they are serving?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you still have your valid NJ license, I don't see why you can't drive.

Technical;ly if you are working in the state of florida, you are supposed to get a Florida license and tags. At my old company we used to have the sheriff roll through the parking lot monthly, looking for cars with out of state plates...Bastards had nothing better to do with their time.

I think you have a pretty good chance of fighting this but it still is a pain.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:05 AM

I'd fight that one. As long as your NJ DL is still valid, there's no reason for ticketing you and keeping you off the road.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:36 AM

How recent did you get out of the Navy?

Being Military it is not uncommon to have a license from one state and tags from another. (I was pulled over with VA tags and CA license, no ticket)

I know you are mad, but you did not get the ticket because you were Asian. ( If that were even true you would be a very rich man after court settled)

I Like what craigrsx said. You may be able to work this out at the Police station.

Bring along your DOD Form 214 (papers you recieved getting out of the Navy.

I wish you the best in getting this settled.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:28 AM

I would be calling the officers Sargent, Valid DL in whatever state is legal, and your dd214 gives you the right to have an out of state DL depending how long ago you seperated from the Navy??? My $.02, call and talk to the sargent of the officer and you might be able to get out of this.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:56 AM

I got out of the navy feb 2007....I really don't understand how or why but this guy was a total dick, It's still not going to stop me from driving b/c I KNOW my license is valid

Quick Reply: I'm so HEATED!