Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

The new guy in town

Old 05-22-2002, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new guy in town

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I haven't been able to sleep lately. I'm waiting on my new arrival!! The dealer tells me in about 2 or 3 weeks my brand spanking new Red S2000 will be here!! I got turned on to the s2ki site about a month ago. If it weren't for you guys I don't think I could make it. I spent all day Saturday getting the nursery ready, I mean cleaning the garage. This waiting is driving me crazy! I think my wife is about to ask for a divorce, she just doesn't get it. I was hoping someone could answer a few questions for me. The big debate Zymol vs. Zaino. It sounds like Zaino is the way to go. Right? Is Zaino ok on new paint? Whats better Zymol wax or Zaino polish? What do you guys use? How soon can I apply the first coat of protection? Please help me decide. Anything esle you think I need to think about would be greatly appreciated. I need to think about something while I'm in bed awake! Your meets look like a good time. Maybe I can come down and join you guys some day. Talk to ya later, Marc
Old 05-22-2002, 12:26 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Marc...

To answer you, I think Zaino is the way to go. You should wait about 4 weeks about your car is delivered to me before applying the first coat, although some may disagree and say to do it right away.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Banned

Hey Redliner, nice to meet you. Good to see that we have another neighbor, I happen to live in Jupiter. KeithD lives in Boca and Jwh2 also lives in Jupiter. Hope to see you around, we need a red S2K at our meets, we don't have one yet!! So far the dominant colors are Sebring Silver and Spa Yellow.

Old 05-22-2002, 02:14 PM
SinD

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]Welcome Marc...

To answer you, I think Zaino is the way to go.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:15 PM

Thanks Mav for the welcome and the advise. Do you use this stuff? Does it have any long term affects on the finish? I got an order form from the Zaino Bros. web site I guess I'll be placing an order soon.

Thanks for the Welcome Browneyedtrouble I'm really looking forward to pulling up in my RED S2000 and meeting you guys some day. Do you ever have any meets in Palm Beach or Jupiter? You guys seem to hag south. I don't think I'd mind a long road trip .
Old 05-22-2002, 02:20 PM
SinD

Davie is basically our middle point.. there are a lot of Broward/Palm Beach area owners.. and us Miami-Dade folks are all down here too so basically thats in the middle..
Old 05-22-2002, 02:23 PM

Thanks SinD for your welcome, Gosh I feel like I have adopted a new family .

NO! Mav is not getting my car! I don't think he could handle the coolness of Red just kidding.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:12 AM

Welcome Redliner, Hope to see you at the meets

Mitch
Old 05-23-2002, 02:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome Redliner
Glad your on board.. you will LOVE the car
Larry
Old 05-23-2002, 02:57 AM

Thanks for the welcome Mitch. Hope to make it down there for one of your meets.

Thanks for the welcome Larry. I'm sure I'll love the car. My wife is worried, she thinks she is being replaced hum. I'll let you all know when the big day is coming. Soon I hope!!

Quick Reply: The new guy in town