Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

not enough shops...

Old 05-06-2007, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not enough shops...

Although im not green with envy, i cant help but to be pissed off at the lack of tuner shops in Florida. The whole southeast actually. If you live in california it seems that there is a tuner shop on every corner. Around here you have to drive for hours on end to find a reputable one. Every magazines cover car seem to be from the so-cal region and californias rival in attractions and tourism is florida. We both have disney, Universal, beaches, etc. so why dont we try and step it up on out amount of shops?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:26 PM

More Asian residents leads to more tuner shops for Japanese cars. It seems that the biggest fans of Japanese cars are people of Asian descent. I realize it's a stereotype, but geography doesn't lie. Likely, the simple fact that Cali is so much closer to that part of the world allows the West coast to have more tuner shops customizing Japanese cars.

There are lots of truck shops in the South, ever thought of changing hobbies to lift kits and mud tires?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:31 PM

well i have a dodge 4x4 on 33's with a 4 inch lift also. i dont discriminate. i love all motorsports. i just love honda from my 1st civic to my 2nd civic to my S2K. you are right about the truck shops though. even though most of the big named companies in trucks like fabtech, rancho, and skyjacker are based in cali. and with the internet access and shipping business booming the simple fact that we live farther away shouldnt compromise our love of the spo-com industry.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:59 AM

I totally agree. My other ride's a truck too. I too would like to see more shops for spo-com's in our region, just not going to hold my breath.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:05 PM

eventually i want to open my own shop. a mid to high class tuner shop with wood floors and only the finest parts. but im not gonna hold my breath for that either. since im only half way through college. and its probably going to be in central florida.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:07 PM

eventually i want to open my own shop. a mid to high class tuner shop with wood floors and only the finest parts. but im not gonna hold my breath for that either. since im only half way through college. and its probably going to be in central florida.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 AM

It can happen!! I know a bunch of guys with thoughts like yours... If you think you can make it happen and keep up that drive then you are already ahead of a bunch of people... And if you are really serious, talk to me and maybe something CAN happen as long as it works out in the big picture.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah almost everybody who is serious about modding cars at one point or another ponders opening their own shop, but if you actually have the drive, intellect, and education you can do it .... There are some great shops in FL, a few in Miami have cover cars, Stage 6 in Jacksonville puts out sick cars, and there are maybe 3 or 4 great shops in Tampa ... I don't know about O-town but I would assume there are a couple there as well.

But you're right, nothing on the East Coast comes close to Cali, they have stores the size of a Home Depot that sell nothing but tuner parts, it's just very hard to have the same quality of shops w/o the same amount of interest.

There have been shops in Tallahassee, but they either went under or lost their best people for the most part. There are a lot of little shops around that do certain things well, but no great shop that you can take your car to for everything, so you've got a chance
Old 05-14-2007, 04:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,May 13 2007, 05:14 PM
Stage 6 in Jacksonville puts out sick cars
Mase is the man...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM

I am getting ready to contact Stage 6 to tune my VAFC as soon as I get it back from being molded by Darkknight1999. I have also heard something about a great tuner in the Tampa area (done a few turbo's and and ITB setup, if I can recall correctly). I would NOT trust ANYONE here in Tally. I had a friend who swapped an H22 into his 2002 Accord Coupe, and that thing to FOREVER to even IDLE correctly (was idling close to 2500 RPM!). Not to mention it took ANOTHER FOREVER period to get any performance out of it (Cool and Deadly did the swap). It was apparently and OBDI ---> OBDII problem, but still..... I have also heard that the local dyno that was run by NRG Performance (off Capital Cir. NE near the Prison) read really high and the numbers were not always corrected properly for testing conditions.

The F20c is a marvel of an engine. The shear physics involved with the linear piston speeds at redline dictate that only someone that REALLY knows what they are doing should tune it.

John

Quick Reply: not enough shops...