Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Orlando please be careful

Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Orlando please be careful

Hey guys,

Just want to make sure all of you update your security on your cars.. My civic was stolen on 4/16/07 at work.. I work in research parkway.. they stole it around 3pm.. the following week they broke into 2 more cars.. one of them was an s2k whos owner is on here!!!! (link to his thread:https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...#entry10531103)

it was a white 98 Honda civic hatchback with a b16, si seats,white 16" rota gt3's, black ctr wing, spoom mirrors, ctr rear lip, c pillar bar, 99-00 civic front with oem yellow fog lights and a mugen lip..

I drove this car to work cuz i keep my s2k in the garage.. i am moving to a new house and had all kinds of crap in the car (including my laptop.. which is why i havent been on here for awhile.. if anyone noticed lol).. it also had a clutch lock and club on it!!!!..

please keep a look out.. i know the car is probably cut into tiny pieces, but I didnt have full coverage on the car since I was planning on selling the car that weekend.. so im out all that money

in the process of dealing with the police and insurance .. i have learned a few things.. apparently there is a gang in orlando whos initiation into the gang is to steal a car.. they will then take the car and park it in a decent neighborhood between 2 houses. (so the owners think its their neighbors car).. if the car is still there after 2 weeks then they will take it and strip it.. this is what the police officer told me.. AND this was confirmed when i was getting a new car loan from a bank and the lady that was helping me was telling me how they found a stolen car in front of her house between her house and her neighbors..

i also was forwarded an email from the UCF police dept from one of my friends.. 11 cars were stolen in the past month in the UCF area. ALL were hondas/acuras.. only 3 were recovered.. SO PLEASE KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR STOLEN PARTS AND CARS!!

this has made me rehthink if i will keep my s2k (anyone interested?).. i have debated selling it.. i WILL NOT drive it to work.. I have already bought a 2000 VW golf for my daily driving it is pretty frustrating that you cannot own somehting in orlando and feel safe..

Please be safe..
Rj

i just put the rotas on so i didnt get a chance to take any pics of the car with them on

Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live right next to UCF and had my top sliced and one side of my top unlatched this weekend. They didnt get past that. Must have been scared away by something.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:37 AM

That sucks.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 PM

Wow Brian that really sucks. I'm sorry... was it parked in front of your house?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:12 PM

Old 05-14-2007, 12:44 PM

Too bad! We gad a rash of stuff like that at our office parking too! I think they troll around then strike a few times before slithering off!

Hope you get it back...
Old 05-14-2007, 01:56 PM

sorry to hear about both. my neighbor had his tahoe window broken into last night. busted the passenger rear glass. all the took was a laptop bag with nothing inside. when they realized the bag was empty they threw it in another neighbors yard. they didn't touch his golf clubs or a bunch of cd/dvd's. good news was the guy that replaced the window said there was some blood on the pieces of broken glass. at least the little shit cut himself when entering...

my accord sits outside all the time, i am sure they probably looked in mine but i don't leave anything out in plain view.

for those that leave their cars outside, if you have garage door opener inside your car make sure you hide it at least. no doubt these punks will eventually add breaking and entering to their resume'. fu(kers!

40mm and the trusty streamlight waiting on them inside my house. plus i will make sure there is only one side of the story to be told, my side.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:25 PM

yeah it was parked outside my house...I don't keep anything in my car either...the trunk is empty and i take my ipod and HU plate inside with me everynight...but it seems all they want is the seats anyways...cant really stop them from getting those!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:54 PM

when i am done with school.. i am planting a car in east orlando.. with GPS. my friend is working on having a gps that is battery operated.. it will cost me about 60 bux a month PLUS install.. but i am going to go thief shopping.. this gps device will be small enough to fit on our seats.. but costs a boat load.. i can place a gps device on each part that i know they are going to take.. so wherever it goes i can track it through the internet.. but i am soo ticked i am going to invest the money to do this.. every time i catch someone i am going to sue them for damages to get my money back.. and MAYBE this will help curb theft in orlando.. y dont the cops do this more often? have like 20 cars out there with all kinds of gps all over it.. and just leave them all over orlando..i am sure sooner or later they will catch a few thieves... once word gets out, a thief might think twice about stealing a car.. if anyone else is interested let me know..
Old 05-15-2007, 01:36 AM

havent had any theft problems or vandalism problems out here yet. then again im not driving a S2 yet still have my Silvia. sorry to hear about all the jack asses that are doing this shizit

Quick Reply: Orlando please be careful