Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Possible exhaust trade? My dual for your single

Old 01-30-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible exhaust trade? My dual for your single

I've got a Feel's dual SS exhaust that I got right after purchasing the car. It's a nice exhaust with a sweet tone. But I have been tossing around the idea of going single. Yes, I realize it will be louder, but volume doesn't bother me all that much.

So, I'm looking for possibly an even trade, but am not against throwing in some cash if the right trade comes along or receiving some cash is always a plus too. This exhaust new from Bulletproof Automotive costs $1,390. It also seems to be somewhat rare here in the US, as I have only seen two other cars with it on this forum.

My exhaust is used, so it isn't in 100% condition. One of the canisters has a smallish dent on the bottom of it, but as far as I can tell, has no effect on the exhaust, and the metal is not punctured at all. It also has a slight rattling sound at around the 2500-2800RPM range. It's noticeable when you start the car up on a cold day. Talking to the other guy on s2ki with it, his did the same thing until he had the pipe welded where the two piping sections with the mufflers attach to the main piping. The rattle doesn't bother me, and you don't hear it when you're driving around town.

I have no dyno charts with dyno numbers, so I couldn't say if you gain or lose power with this exhaust. My guess is that you won't gain much as it's a dual, and isn't larger diameter than stock. It does sound nicer than stock in my opinion though. A couple people on here might know what it sounds like (djdorifto, Willie Gee, chiung, and some others). It's also a bit lighter than the stock setup. I don't have an exact weight, but if there's some serious interest, I can take it off the car and weigh it.

Now that we've got all that out of the way, here's what I'm looking for. A single exhaust, lightweight, with some kind of benefit as far as power goes (I'm tossing my mind back and forth between turbo and ITB's). Maybe a Spoon N1, J's 70mm, Kakimoto, T1R, Buddy Club, JIC, or others if you have ideas.

Picture:

More images available upon request.

If no one wants to trade? I may just consider selling it. However, local is always best!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:07 PM

I have a 70MM T1R. Interested let me know? I also have the 70MM test pipe as well.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:10 PM

Yeah, defenitely interested.

I've got a Megan Racing test pipe if you would want that as well.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:14 PM

pmd
Old 02-04-2007, 08:34 AM

Trade went down today. Big thanks to Ryan for making the swap such an easy one. I think we are both very satisfied with our new exhausts.

I've got more power and the volume
Ryan has the sexy duals and can finally hear his stereo.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:45 AM

<------One happy guy. Big thanks to Scott as well, very smooth swap. Great guy.