Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Sorry Guys and Girls

Old 01-13-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sorry Guys and Girls

Well, if you weren't there, I had the car come around on me in a turn today. Not going to go into why or hows of it all. It happened, I'm alright, you can debate it all you want but I won't be participating in it. My front bumper and passenger front quarter panel are damaged. It was still drivable. No injuries to me, just a cut hand from pulling on the sharp edge of the quarter panel and a bruised ego.

A couple miles down the road, I figured out I had a flat tire and pulled over in a church parking lot to change it. Everyone pulled in with me which was a mistake because that attracted the attention of the po-po. Scott talked to the officer while I changed the tire, then I got the rashion of crap about "That's what happens when go too fast". It's OK, he was right and I took it.

He told me to stick around because the woman from the neigborhood wanted to come and talk to me. She was severely pissed. Partly because of what I had done but mostly because of how she was treated by the rest of the group after the accident. I was more worried about getting my car out of the ditch than hear what happened at the scene so I only have one side of the story.

She did say someone swore at her and gave her the finger. This, IMHO is completely uncalled for. If you did this, think about it. We're driving through these people's neighborhoods. If something happens, they have a right to be pissed and a right to take their frustrations out on us. We're always in the wrong on these things. We go into it being in the wrong.

I promised the woman that I would say something to the group, so I have. If you're going to go on these things, you have to think about how to represent our group when something unexpected happens. Think about the situation and act accordingly. I was yelled at too when I was pulling away. "It's 40 though here", she yelled at me. I could have flipped her off and drove away not wanting anyone to add insult to my injury. But what would it have gained me? So I just drove away and swallowed my pride.

Once again, I feel bad for the groups behind me that had to drive through that hostile situation. I wish it never would have happened but it did. I pride myself on being a good driver but everyone makes mistakes, errors in judgement, whatever you want to call it. Now I have to figure out how I want to move on.

As always, be safe out there.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:56 AM

Glad you're okay man and I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I know you'll make it through this.

John
Old 01-13-2007, 12:09 PM

jvrabel,

First and foremost, Sorry about the ooboo and hope everything works out fine. Since this is what we do, fubar will happen and it usually happens in the most inopportune time and ways. As for the dumboss with the double hinged finger and loose mouth, well you hit the nail in the head. We need to understand that we are guest in these people
Old 01-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes....glad you are OK. Cars can be fixed...people not so easily.

As for the grade school antics....there always is someone.

take care.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:42 PM

sorry to hear it. I was wondering why we pulled into that church. I was also wondering why po did a u-turn and followed us in there.

As for the incident, you were way infront of me and I didn't even know about it until we stopped for lunch. I would have helped out had I known.

best of luck
Old 01-13-2007, 12:47 PM

look who confessed

[QUOTE=sexycheto88,Jan 13 2007, 04:05 PM] post pics later. beat and tired and have to clean the sex machine.

the day was amazing and memorable.

-missed turn to a 180 into a fence
-lady yelling about 40mph as i flip her the bird
-flying down floridas back roads at 130
-missing gears (im a noob in the suzuka!)
-meeting all the people who grace this board
-seeing how 90% of the cars had an exhaust and i felt inferior lol them:VROOOOOOOM me: vroooooo
Old 01-13-2007, 12:49 PM

yea I got lost from group 2 cuz my car wouldnt keep up. If I saw you while driving aimlessly in the boonies, I woulda helped. Glad your ok. We all live and learn.

Roger
Old 01-13-2007, 12:50 PM

Received 1,108 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by jvrabel,Jan 13 2007, 02:39 PM
She did say someone swore at her and gave her the finger. This, IMHO is completely uncalled for. If you did this, think about it. We're driving through these people's neighborhoods. If something happens, they have a right to be pissed and a right to take their frustrations out on us. We're always in the wrong on these things. We go into it being in the wrong.
That's completely asinine, whoever did that.

Jim--

Sorry to hear about your incident, I am not exactly sure how it happened, but I am glad that you were the only one involved, & no one else's S2000 was damaged-or anybody else.

Big props to you for admitting your errors, and moving on.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:31 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad to here your ok Jim If you need anything drop me a PM and I will try to help in any way I can.
Chin up little buckaroo

If it helps any, I did apologize to some of the neighbors that were out there. I did here the obscenity yelled out and I did see the bird as well not nice. As you were going around the corner the neighbors were taking tag numbers.

As Jim had said earlier please be a little more respectable
Old 01-13-2007, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by jvrabel,Jan 13 2007, 11:39 AM
Well, if you weren't there, I had the car come around on me in a turn today. Not going to go into why or hows of it all. It happened, I'm alright, you can debate it all you want but I won't be participating in it. My front bumper and passenger front quarter panel are damaged. It was still drivable. No injuries to me, just a cut hand from pulling on the sharp edge of the quarter panel and a bruised ego.

A couple miles down the road, I figured out I had a flat tire and pulled over in a church parking lot to change it. Everyone pulled in with me which was a mistake because that attracted the attention of the po-po. Scott talked to the officer while I changed the tire, then I got the rashion of crap about "That's what happens when go too fast". It's OK, he was right and I took it.

He told me to stick around because the woman from the neigborhood wanted to come and talk to me. She was severely pissed. Partly because of what I had done but mostly because of how she was treated by the rest of the group after the accident. I was more worried about getting my car out of the ditch than hear what happened at the scene so I only have one side of the story.

I promised the woman that I would say something to the group, so I have. If you're going to go on these things, you have to think about how to represent our group when something unexpected happens. Think about the situation and act accordingly. I was yelled at too when I was pulling away. "It's 40 though here", she yelled at me. I could have flipped her off and drove away not wanting anyone to add insult to my injury. But what would it have gained me? So I just drove away and swallowed my pride.

Once again, I feel bad for the groups behind me that had to drive through that hostile situation. I wish it never would have happened but it did. I pride myself on being a good driver but everyone makes mistakes, errors in judgement, whatever you want to call it. Now I have to figure out how I want to move on.

Jim I'm glad you made it home and safe man I was the car behind you and saw what happend

Quick Reply: Sorry Guys and Girls