Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

VOTING FOR JAX MEET LOCATIONS.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOTING FOR JAX MEET LOCATIONS.

SUGGESTION BY JAMES: I recommend starting a thread asking for 4 or 5 places on each side of town and voting on those places to get some sort of consistency going. This would get everyone involved in the meet location decisions so no one feels left out. The posts could look something like this:

Orange Park:
-La Nopalera

San Jose:
-La Nopalera
-Sakura

Regency:
-TGI Fridays

Avenues/St Johns/Tinseltown:
-Buca di Beppo (Im assuming this is where Travis is talking about)
-Olive Garden (Parking there is very limited so Im unsure of this one)
-Five Guys in the Town Center
-Winghouse in Tinseltown
-Sneakers (9A & Baymeadows)

Airport:
-Chilis

Beaches:
-Applebees
-Chilis
-Longhorn Steak House
-Als Pizza Ponte Vedra

Just some ideas. We could take the 3 most nominated and vote on the different location/restaurant.

Started. YOUR INPUT IS WHAT I HAVE TO GO OFF OF. IF THERE IS NO INPUT TO GO ON, THE IDEAS ARE COMIN STRAIGHT OUT OF MY HEAD SO LETS GET FIRED UP YALL! TO keep the thread as organized as possible, lets keep the banter to a minimum and simply respond like the suggestions above. thank yall!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:01 PM

come on yall...i dont want to hear any griping if there is no input and myself and...myself are the ones having to pick meet locations...
Old 11-07-2006, 06:22 AM

Whats with all the fast food? That italian place by the avenues mall is set up for large groups since it is "family style dining". Some table are even in their own little room. Plenty of parking since its in the mall parking lot.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:30 AM

Old 11-07-2006, 09:40 AM

The top post is only an example. Can you guys pick some places on each side of town and post them like the format Nadia used in the top thread? I don't really know any places that can accomodate our preferences around Jax, so I have no input. Thanks, James.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote from Primo Gen in Jax meet #2 18 Nov 06...

IMHO in the age of Google maps, mapquest, mapblast, tomtom go, garmin and all the other navigation sites and gizmos out there, the issue of I dont know how to get there from here seems pretty moot.

It would seem that finding a location on the other side of your town should be a pretty easy thing to do. I am not complaining, just pointing out that finding these places should not be the issue.

Finding quality meeting places with ample good parking, seating and co-operation with medium to large groups would be more the issues at hand IMHO.

People in different parts of the city should scout out possible locations and, if they are particularly invested in making these meets work, even go in and interview the management to see if they are open to the idea of regular meets there.

It sounds like you guys are right on the verge of making this all work fairly smoothly but at the same time are getting mixed up in the logistics of it all.

There is no "recipe" for making this type of thing work but I feel that if a number of you report to one or two FrontRunners/Planners they can then sort it all out and make some executive decisions. After a few meets, you can then make adjustments as to locations (if needed), times, precedure as necessary.

I dont want to step on toes or speak out of turn or place. Our regular meets are not that regular and we kinda just post up an idea and see if it flies, so my advice may not be all that good lol.gif

Just felt compelled to contribute, fell free to smack me around if needed
Thanks for some outside perspective Rob. It is my hope that we can work together to get this started. Hopefully we can get this thing up and running before too long. The hardest part is incorporating everyone's ideas, if we ever get any, so that everyone can get a little bit of input.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:33 PM

Old 11-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Scouted a place:

La Napalera on San Jose at corner of Loretto. Mexican food, reasonably priced. Lots of parking (its in a strip mall that lost it's anchor store). Has room for large parties, especially if we call ahead.

Food seems standard Tex-Mex...not the worst I've had. The best Tex-Mex I've had since leaving Texas is across the street at Don Juan's...but they don't have room for large parties at all.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:08 PM

we go to la nopalera on atlantic past southside (as we have every friday for over a year) and that one on san jose is owned by different people and the one we go to were good friends with the owner and he told us the san jose one has more food violations than any restaurant in jax.

just to let you know. those who want to go there... sureeeeeeee!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm...I think there must be some rivalry there...or maybe he's thinking of the La Napolera on Beach...that one has waaaay more violations than either of the other two.

And actually looks like both the Atlantic and San Jose locations have similar number of total violations over the past few inspections. True the San Jose had more critical violations at their last inspection, but none were serious enough for the inspector to issue a warning or schedule a follow-up. The Atlantic had a more total violations their last inspection and that was after 2 follow-up inspections and extensions stemming from a warning last year.

Anyway...not feeling sick so far. But if I'm dead in the morning, I'll figure out a way to let you all know.

Quick Reply: VOTING FOR JAX MEET LOCATIONS.