Forced Induction For Sale Forced induction kits and components classifieds.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CA: FS Greddy AP2 Turbo Kit and Related Extras

Old 06-02-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA: FS Greddy AP2 Turbo Kit and Related Extras

Mods, I've also posted this in Socal Swap Meet, if I cannot post in both places, please delete, I don't mean to infringe on any of the rules. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/socal-sw...xtras-1173456/)

First Name: Jabbar
Price: ($2250 – OBO)

Hi all,
I never got around to selling my Turbo kit the last time I posted this a few years back. It’s been sitting in my garage the entire time. Please read all and hit me up if you have any questions. I’m not in a rush to sell, please don’t low ball. I will accept cash or a payment through an escrow service at the buyer's expense; nothing will be delivered/handed over until payments clear. I am not parting anything out at all. If you need the kit shipped, it will be very very expensive. I’d much rather sell to a local buyer. Obviously, there are no returns…I’m trying my best to be honest about the quality of this unit, please do your homework before buying.

What comes with your purchase:
Greddy Turbo Kit (AP2 for 04/05, guessing roughly 30k miles) and all the associated parts you see in the pictures.
Greddy Type RZ BOV – I heard some whining from this around the time I had the kit removed. You may have to do some maintenance on it. However, it was an intermittent sound and went away.
Greddy ProFec Spec-II Boost Controller
A-Pillar Dual-Pod for Gauges (Matches the interior leather texture, looks OEM)
AEM Wideband UEGO Sensor
AEM Boost Gauge
Berk High-Flow Cat (Custom Welded O2 Sensor Socket for Wideband readings, can plug if you don't need it with a bolt)
Box of unused NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Carb Sticker for the Kit (I’ve been pulled over and the cop ran the part numbers and okayed everything before letting me go)

Details:
Car was bought with the Greddy Kit installed in August of 2010. I removed the kit sometime in 2014 (I think). I have the receipts from Ballade (for the removal) if you really need to see it all.
I removed the kit because of two reasons, 1) I ended up bending my valves and while the work was being done to replace my head, I simply had Ballade remove the turbo kit to get everything back to stock and 2) I don’t know much about maintaining a turbo car and always felt uneasy about what it might be doing to the long-term health of my car. Every little odd sound or feel made me freak out and it just wasn’t fun worrying all the time.
That being said, the car sounds fantastic with the kit and is extremely fun to drive. I miss it all the time!

Positives of this sale:
  • Greddy Kit is Carb Legal here in California. If you check my screenshots you'll see I posted a pic of the smog results with the OEM cat installed. I wouldn't recommend using a good OEM cat on your vehicle all the time for two reasons. You won't have a spot to connect the wideband sensor to monitor A/F readings (unless u get someone to weld an opening for you which is illegal and would negate your carb legality) and more importantly the kit runs very rich. You will burn through your cat in no time in my honest opinion. I could be wrong though, but I liked the Berk Cat.
  • All the hoses and clamps have been upgraded. There are no leaks what so ever. If you check my older posts you will see that I had an oil leak within a month of owning the vehicle. I took it to Alex at Ballade and he found the leak within a few minutes, it was just a loose fitting. He simply cleaned it up, tightened it, and I didn’t have any issues after that. All fittings are in excellent shape, but if I was the one buying this kit, I'd definitely call up Greddy and pick up a set of the o-rings for all fittings before installing the kit (shouldn't be more than 20-30 bucks). I feel it's better to be safe than sorry. And on that note, I'd also pick up new gaskets.
  • I've run quality synthetic oil in my car the entire time. The previous owner used Motul-8500 series. I used it for my first oil change and then swapped over to the Motul 300V Racing Synthetic after recommendation from Alex at Ballade. I've been very happy with it and I change my oil every 5-6k miles.
  • The turbo kit has never seen a track.
  • Kit is a great starter turbo setup as described from numerous owners. Greddy has said that it produces roughly 300hp and the previous owner alleged to get a little over 300 hp. I however don't believe it produces that much to the wheels, see below for my comments.
Negatives of this sale:
  • Please note, there are small components that might be missing, I don’t know. Please review pictures of parts I posted against Greddy’s manuals to see if there’s something else you might need.
  • The exhaust manifold is the third exhaust manifold and is cracked. The manifold was brand new when I got the car and it cracked within 2-3 months. If I had been the original owner I could have warrantied it through Greddy, but since I'm not, I'm shit out of luck. Price was quoted around $300 to remove, weld, and re-install, but I figured I'm selling the kit, most of the cost is in the dis-assembly and reassembly; it'd make sense for the next owner to handle this in whatever way he/she sees fit. If you see the pics the white crap on the manifold is a very failed attempt at using jbweld.
  • The turbo had a high pitch noise on occasion. The turbo doesn’t feel like there’s any play in it to me, but you’ll want to inspect it yourself if you’re local. Regardless, the thing has been sitting in my garage for a long time, I’d highly recommend you just send it to Greddy for them to do maintenance on it before going through all that effort to install on your car.
  • The EManage sucks. The car will turn off randomly when I put the clutch in and rpm drops below 1k. This is a common issue with Greddy kits and some of us have been discussing it in the turbo forums for quite some time. Ballade recommended a new TPS and we tried 2. The brand new one has helped tremendously. Maybe the Emanage is a lot more picky than the OEM ECU? I'm not sure. This is just something you need to keep in mind as it's extremely annoying. I got used to it and you sort of feel when it's going to happen so I feather the throttle when coming to a stop, but if I did this all over again and wanted to stick with the kit, I'd go with the AEM Stand-alone ECU.
  • No one wants to program the Emanage. The kit was tuned by HB Speed in Huntington Beach and they did an amazing job. The car runs extremely smooth for the most part, but I hear wonder stories from those who went to the AEM. I called quite a few tuning shops and no one wants to program the Emanage cause it's so damn annoying. An option is to keep the Emanage the way it is so that you can easily smog anytime you need, but run the AEM at other times. Up to you, of course there are legality issues with that.
  • This kit runs pretty hot, an oil cooler or and/or an upgraded radiator might not be a bad investment.
  • Because parts have been sitting for so long, they’re not as sexy looking as when I first bought the car. Would recommend a legitimate shop to do a full steam clean on the parts that can be thrown in there.
Words of Advice:
I love my car and the kit, but there was plenty I didn't know when I got it. You need to budget for extras. If you think you're going to buy a kit for $3000 and that will be the end of it, you're delusional. Budget an extra 1k to 2k for the tuning and any other issues you might think of. Keep in mind the OEM clutch is probably not going to do too well with this kit, you'll need to upgrade eventually. I'd HIGHLY recommend servicing all parts before install. Don't go cheap if you're going to put a 2-3k part on your car. You might as well spend a little more and get things right the first time, you'll be much happier as will your engine. Don't go cheap on the oil. The 300V oil runs me around $130 for each oil change but I'd rather spend that money and be comfortable with the condition of my engine and turbo than risk it just to save 60 bucks. The exhaust manifold WILL crack, you need to make a decision on whether you want to go with another Greddy manifold (which will inevitably crack as MANY greddy owners have stated) or go with a custom fab one with extra support or you're going to take it off each time and just reweld it.

Full Pics Found At:
https://goo.gl/photos/3dy5Hs83nUFoKdH68
https://www.s2ki.com/g/album/7441592

Good luck on your search, hope you find the perfect setup for your baby.

Last edited by jabbarahm; 07-25-2017 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Price Updated - 7/25/2017
Old 06-26-2017, 12:56 PM

^bump^ Price Updated
Old 06-26-2017, 08:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

consider this a free bump

sell me the A piller skin+ wideband + boost gauge? )))))?
Old 06-30-2017, 11:49 AM

BUMP for a fun and reliable kit. Great price on this stuff too. One recommendation I'd have is having Pang from PFab make you a replacement manifold that is design to directly swap out with with GReddy one ("GReddy replacement manifold" on his website) It's $450 and has a lifetime warranty.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:43 PM

Thank you for the replies!

Sorry, I am not parting any of it out. If I don't sell the entire thing in a month or two, I'll probably just get things restored/cleaned and throw it all back in my car. Yes, absolutely agree on a new manifold (non-Greddy).

Good luck everyone.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:20 AM

^bump^ Price Updated
Old 08-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the turbo have a carb sticker?
Old 09-15-2017, 01:30 PM

Sold!