Forced Induction For Sale Forced induction kits and components classifieds.
Mark this thread as Sold

SOLD: Adapter flange to mount Tial BOV to Comptech Aftercooler

Old 01-04-2014, 05:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default SOLD: Adapter flange to mount Tial BOV to Comptech Aftercooler

Name: Andy
Means of Contact: PM for cell # and PayPal info

Hey guys. I have a brand new CNC cut adapter flange that allows you to directly bolt on a v-band flange Tial BOV (such as the Tial Q or QR) to the Comptech aftercooler. The Comptech aftercooler has a square four-bolt pattern that the 1" diameter BPV hose port usually mounts to. One side of this adapter has the same square four-bolt pattern to bolt straight up to the aftercooler. The other side of the adapter has a v-band flange that mates up to a Tial Q or Tial QR BOV. The adapter flange is designed to use the same o-ring seal and bolts that come with the Comptech aftercooler, as well as the o-ring seal that comes with the Tial BOV's.

I have used a similar adapter on my Comptech kit for about a year now. I've used it with both the Tial Q and the Tial QR BOV's, and I've used it with the OEM radiator/OEM fan combo, as well as a Mishimoto radiator/SPAL fan combo. The tip of the BOV cleared both radiator/fan setups in each configuration that I have run.

The Comptech aftercooler uses a 1" diameter port for the BPV, but if you remove that flange you'll see that the outlet port on the aftercooler is actually 1.5" in diameter. Some users (myself included) have experienced compressor surge when trying to vent the BPV/BOV through this 1" diameter port. This adapter flange has an enlarged inner diameter of 1.5" to match the outlet port on the aftercooler itself and allows for maximum venting potential. I was able to eliminate my compressor surge flutter when I swapped from a Turbosmart BOV coupled to the standard 1" port to a Tial Q mounted to this style adapter flange.

Price is $100 OBO shipped/PayPal'd SOLD!!! anywhere in the ConUS. Feel free to post up or message me with any questions.

V-band side of flange that mounts to the Tial BOV:

Square four-bolt side of flange that mounts to the Comptech aftercooler:

Here is a shot of my car with the Tial Q mounted onto the aftercooler:

Here's my standard FS Thread shipping and payment information:

I will use USPS flat rate boxes wherever possible. They are affordable, offer tracking numbers, and ship extremely quickly (I’ve gotten things from CA to NC in two days). If USPS flat rate isn’t possible, I will use UPS ground. I will give a tracking number with everything I ship.

Payment is through PayPal ONLY, unless you are local and want to meet up with cash around Charlotte (typically I am only available to meet up on weekends, I work 8-5 M-F). If you want to purchase a part, please PM me for priority and for my PayPal address.

I am waiving PayPal fees (I calculated a sale price, added shipping via USPS flat rates, and that’s it). When you pay through PayPal, please select that you are paying for Goods. Do not send me money as a gift to get around PayPal fees; it will NOT benefit you in any way, and I am OK taking the 2% hit or whatever it is.

I have bought and sold many things on S2Ki and can provide vouches from several people and good friends that I have met over this site. All these items are off the car and ready to go so I should be able to ship quickly. I will tell you in a reply to your PM asking for my PayPal when I can ship. I do have a job where I travel every so often, so please bear with me if I happen to be on a business trip when you contact me wanting to buy something.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to purchase! Thanks!

-Andy
Old 01-05-2014, 02:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good seller got my flange early than expected. Andy has been very helpful and answered all my questions thoroughly. Buy with confidence
Old 01-05-2014, 03:25 PM

Thanks man!

I'll be happy to help with any questions you guys may have concerning your SC build, relating to this BOV adapter or otherwise.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:14 AM

Also, here is the thread that started all this.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/992246-bov-install/

Still available to any Comptech/CT Engineering owners!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed my Tial Q today with CoolGuy094's flange. All I can say is wow. It fits perfect and the BOV sounds amazing. Way better than I was expecting to be perfectly honest.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:55 PM

Awesome! Looks great!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:29 PM

Bump! Bolt-on a Tial BOV to your CT aftercooler!
Old 02-05-2014, 03:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody have the stock flange laying around they don't need?
Old 02-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine. Buy with confidence!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:49 AM

^Thanks! Post pics after install if you can!

I have two of these left, and there won't anymore. By my count there are ten total in existence.

Quick Reply: SOLD: Adapter flange to mount Tial BOV to Comptech Aftercooler