Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

FAIL

Old 07-01-2015, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAIL

I haven't posted on this site for a long time, but thought I'd share this... So anyway I actually have moved from the StL area to the metro DC area about five years ago. A lot of things have changed in my life... kids! and so I don't get out in the S as much anymore. My car has turned into a garage queen. Anyway, a few weeks ago, we moved to a new home in the DC area and it has been maybe 6-9 months since I last drove the car. Work, taking care of kids, and moving all kind of piled up on my wife and I and we were super stressed out. The night before we had to vacate our old house, my wife and I were up till 4 in the morning moving some knick knacks that our movers wouldn't take and that we just didn't have time to pack properly. It was the middle of the night, we were just about done and I finally reconnect my battery and try to start the S up. I get in and keep trying to turn the key to start the car and nothing happened. I was like WTF is going on here? I literally almost bent the key in the ignition trying to turn the engine. My wife is driving the uHaul rental and sticks her head out the window and asks what's taking so long. I scratch my head and tell her I hvaen't the faintest clue. Battery power is good. We get out and look at the car and I'm thinking, sh*t, I might have to call AAA to tow my car to the new house 1 hour away! I just don't have the patience and blow up taking my anger out on the innocent sapling in my old yard (karate kick to the tree). 4am, tired as all heck... what else could go wrong? My wife rolls her eyes at me and laughs and goes back into the house to get something and tells me to figure it out quick. I get back in the car and just stare at it... it's pitch dark outside and so I turn on the dome light and my vision just kinda slowly drifts around the console looking for solutions ... until I lay sight on ...

lol... I can't believe I forgot about the start button!!! of course the car starts when I press it.
My wife comes back out and asks what happened... I tell her I adjusted the starting transistor setting in the on board electronic system and voila!

fast forward a few weeks later, i just took the car out for an early morning spin. nothing like hitting vtec from a roll. love this car!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Old 07-01-2015, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very funny thank you did you ever tell your wife
Old 07-01-2015, 08:25 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Can fool us all.

The passenger window on mine would not go up last month. Stuck in the down position.

Tried the switch on the passenger side. Dead. Retried the switch on the driver side. Dead. Felt twinges of panic. You know the answer! The window "lock" switch was activated...

-- Chick
Old 07-01-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Can fool us all.

The passenger window on mine would not go up last month. Stuck in the down position.

Tried the switch on the passenger side. Dead. Retried the switch on the driver side. Dead. Felt twinges of panic. You know the answer! The window "lock" switch was activated...

-- Chick
I've done that on all my cars at some point.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the window lock the first week I got the car... panic'd that I broke something for about an hour.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deepblue - i haven't told my wife yet. lol.

i've done the window lock thing too on other cars!