Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

New Gateway guy

Old 05-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Gateway guy

Hey everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now, just got my S2000 in early April. I'm stoked to see that there is a Gateway sub forum and strong community here on s2ki. I wish I saw this sooner, its so damn far down the forum list I had no idea you guys were here.

Hopefully I will get out to some local meets and whatnot this year. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of driving a car, I'm used to doing all my commuting and errands on motorcycles so getting me out and about in that big ass car is tricky

Cya guys around town.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New gateway guy...

Congratualtions on your purchase. If you don't already, you will love this car soon enough.... and it's not a big a$$ car. You'll feel right at home in this bad boy.

We have a lot of stuff going on just keep checking. There is a calendar posted at the top of the forum, we have a run to Herman on Memorial Day Weekend with several other S2K groups joining, Pizza every 3rd Thursday of the month, and anything else anyone wants to do.

As you said, the community is quite active, so join in on the fun.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Oh man I used to run from Columbia to St. Louis all the time and Herman is where I would stop to fuel up. I take it the route goes down 94? I'm going to have to check my calendar that sounds like an awesome day trip.

Oh and btw, I was at the last autox event if anyone was there! I saw a few S2000 there, not sure if any of those guys are active on this forum though.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:02 PM

I was at autoX i was in a silverstone metallic AP2 Number 019bs, i didnt really try hard, mostly just BSing for fun out on the track. i seen 3 black s2k's i beleive 2 were CR's though. and yes this is a great forum i still havent gotten my memebership lol and you will love your s2000, ive read in plenty of magazines that this is the closest feeling to a bike you can get on 4 wheels
Old 05-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Welcome AllHailKingHomer
Old 05-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Welcome! Enjoy your car as much as you can! I love my baby!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Community Organizer

Homer... You have been badged! Check the bottom of your first post in this thread
Old 05-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Welcome! Btw, what kind of bike do/did you ride?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 PM

You have been badged!
I could never be trusted with that sort of power.

Btw, what kind of bike do/did you ride?
I have an 06 R6 that is pretty much just used for track duty. It's in street trim right now since I don't think I'm going to be hitting the tracks up much this season. I also have a supermoto that I use for commuting and general hooliganary.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:38 PM

Most of the autox'ers don't post much here. I'm pretty much the only active one. Feel free to grab me at any time during the event - STR runs 3rd and I'll be announcing 1st heat (I guarantee laughs!!!)

We have another event coming up on Sunday at Gateway - I'll be there in my STR car - Laguna Blue - will be hard to miss the car as soon as myself or the co-driver leaves the line

Nick Jackson

Quick Reply: New Gateway guy