Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

S2K has been damaged

Old 12-30-2008, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2K has been damaged

So here goes my night, I went to 24 hour fitness (baxter & clayton) to meet up w/ sum buddies so we can go watch a movie at chesterfield 14. I parked my car around 9:15ish.. We went to go watch Yes Man, the new Jim Carrey flick.. it was pretty good.. so its about midnightish and we get back to where our cars are parked. and to my surprise my back window (plastic window) is slashed in two directions.. horizontally and vertically... Also on the driver side it looks like some one took a switchblade or some kind of knife and just jabbed it once. I make sure everything is in place and nothing is missing. Everything is accounted for, so they werent successful.. So i called the cops filed a police report, and of course they wont do shit. I still havent contacted my insurance company. All i have is liability so i doubt thats covered. Looks like Selena (S2k's name) will be gettin a new top thats glass back. and possibly an upgraded security system.

I already checked out topsonline.com

http://www.topsonline.com/index.php?Depart...rmodelID=746000

I just dont know the difference btwn the brands, so i was hoping you guys cud help me out.. or had any better suggestions.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:47 AM

Sorry to hear about your top. I have only heard of Robbins. I don not believe that anyone has an aftermarket top. Let us know if you need help installing.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that sucks... Sorry to hear that. That 24 hour fitness is in my neighborhood too. I'm not sure if an alarm would have help either. Do you have any 'enemies'? Maybe they were just haters?

Keith
Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably some haters. i live in baxter crossing at baxter and wild horse creek and someones rims got stolen off their jeep about 4 months ago. i would be interested in helping the install b.c i wouldnt mind a glass back soft top in the distant future.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM

Gosh sorry to hear that ~

hope it will get fixed soon..
Old 12-30-2008, 04:13 PM

thanx for the concern guys, and no i dont think i have any enemies im just assuming its just some haters. and i think ima go w/ a robbins top. I did some searchin thru the forum and thats wat usually every 1 seems to b going with. the only thing i cudnt find was the difference btwn 'HV Denim' and 'stayfast cloth'.. the price diff. is the hv denim is $650 and the stayfast is $801.. i mean i was planning on gettin a glass back anyway so i will shell out the xtra cash, but i jus wanna kno why is it 151 dollars more than the other. and ya thanx for offering the help, i think ima need it w/ gettin this bad boy in. i also found a DIY headliner for the s2k

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=645349

i think its pretty sweet, i think i might try 2 do this since ima replace the darn thing.. any-1 else is willing to give this a shot?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:32 PM

****!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sammy... Sorry to hear about your misfortune. What is it with people today. They are just haters cause they can't have what you worked so hard to get. A$$HOLES!!!

If you need help with your new top install, I'll be glad to lend a hand.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by jimmij' date='Dec 30 2008, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your top. I have only heard of Robbins. I don not believe that anyone has an aftermarket top.
there is also hardtopguy of course. Sorry to read about your 'event'. Sounds like a couple hoodlum kids that needed a 'new thing to brag about'.

Let us know if you need help installing.
It's an 'involved job' based on posts - but totally do-able.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Hey, i'm in the top market as well, i did some digging today:

Went to hueys honda Oem top from them is 1,090.30 w/o install (bs)
They recommend getting tops installed @ "Auto Match" no quote yet.

The best i have found in STL is "Fitwell" they quoted me 1,600.00 for new robbins top w/glass and installed.

-Ben

Quick Reply: S2K has been damaged