Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Atlanta Convoy to Outer Banks Run Official Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aiight peeps, here it is! Looks like I'm taking us up to the Coastal Outer Banks run from ATL, so here is the scoop:

In order for us to get to the hotel in MoreHead City(my favorite city) in time for a stretch and maybe a shower before dinner with everyone else, we ARE leaving the Atlanta rally point ON TIME at no later than 7am Friday Morning. If you sleep in, better have your own map and enjoy the sound of silence as you drive up by yourself for 9 solid hours. And let me tell you, that is some seriously boring stuff.

USE MAPQUEST TO PRINT OUT DIRECTIONS TO THE LOCATIONS LISTED HERE FOR YOUR RECORDS. My cell phone is 4048626066 if you can't reach me by Talkabout.

The ATL rally point will be at the Mall of GA Chik-Fil-A and LEAVING AT 7am SHARP. Here's the address for Mapquest:
Mall of Georgia at Mill Creek FSU
Mall of Georgia Parkway
Buford, GA 30519
US
678/482-4448.

Those of you in the ATL W/C/N area are welcome to meet at my new place. I moved Two doors down from old apartment in same Post Crossing Apartments, same building. Now 903 instead of 905.Address for Mapquest is:
903 Ashford Parkway Dunwoody GA 30338
That group will be leaving there at 6:15a to run over to Chik-Fil-A. NEW gate code is #199.

We will be using the Mapquest route from the Chik-Fil-A above to the MoreHead City Hampton Inn as it is quickest, and we will be VERY close on time as it is. Sorry, no long detours unless you want to get there at Midnight.[/b]

We will get there on time and safely, and enjoy some serious smack-talking and comradery along the way.

Friday night we will be staying at the More Head City Hampton Inn so make your reservations now.

Saturday night we will be staying at the Comfort Inn North Oceanfront so make those reservations now too.

Sunday morning we will depart again at 7am to make the 12 hour drive back to ATL.

The rest of the info is in The Coastal Banks Run Official Itinerary. NJOY.

MOTOROLA TALKABOUT RADIOS OR A FAMILY-BAND RADIO THAT USES CHANNEL+CODE IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!!!!! This will be a long drive. Radios keep you in contact with your pals to communicate as well as for the Team Leader to notify you of safety hazards and radar traps. Radios that use channel but not codes are useless, because you can only HEAR us but not respond. Dave Kosiba can order them for you, or you can pick one up at CompUSA or the like. Testing has shown that the Motorola Talkabout 6300+ series works the best for our uses. Headset optional.

List of really cool, intelligent, and attractive Drivers in this convoy:

Silverstreak
WebGod
TimS2k
S2Fly
SuzukaSue
S2Kool
Dewain27
ZoomZoom
Cortez
SirTomGTSRX12345
SilverComet
LAS2k

Is there anyone I've missed??

Please respond below if you will be in this convoy so I can make sure you get any updates. Just use this thread for convoy-related discussions.
Old 01-10-2002, 12:30 PM

Hi my name is WebGod and I'm using this thread for the intended purpose of letting Mr. SilverStreak know that am to be included in the above mentioned convoy.

Thank You,

WebGod
Old 01-10-2002, 01:08 PM
Banned

That's a good b|+ch, WebGod. <pat pat> LOL

Oops! Err, thank you for registering for this CONVOY!
Old 01-10-2002, 01:46 PM

H, I'm new to the board and would like to be included in this Convoy. Please include me and I will be there! hehehe

who is silverstreak? oh yea the baller right?
Old 01-11-2002, 05:52 AM

Silver Baller count me in!
Old 01-11-2002, 06:16 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by WebGod
Hi my name is WebGod and I'm using this thread for the intended purpose of letting Mr. SilverStreak know that am to be included in the above mentioned convoy.

Thank You,

WebGod
You guys are too much! LMAO!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 09:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry Troup but this thread had to be "flushed" of extranious posts earlier. Just trying to do my part.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:04 PM

I am here! I am here! Gheez! Ok I AM going. I am sorry I have been out of pocket - I have been working TONS lately (it's busy season for P'tree). I DO have reservations at both hotels. I will either meet up with you guys at the rendez-vous point or just catch you on 85N when you hit hwy 20 near my house.

Brian - r u not signed up? What's up? pm me if you like...

I am very much looking forward to this!
Old 01-11-2002, 07:30 PM
Banned

Note Hotel change for Saturday night!!!!
Old 01-13-2002, 03:35 PM

Hi, my name is John and I am a recovering...oops, wrong meeting. OK, reservations have been made and Susan & I are ready to go. We definitely will want to hook up with you guys for the trip up there.

Quick Reply: Atlanta Convoy to Outer Banks Run Official Thread