Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Track rental at Little Talladega Info!

Old 01-11-2002, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on the track rental (02/27/2002) If anyone still interested? please speak up! As of right now, I still didn't reserve the track. (Because I DO NOT have enough people which are interested)

Okay! So far I don't see too many people involve with the track events.???
But being a car freak and founder of the Atlanta S2000 Chapter, I'm still very interested to drive fast in a safe environment. (At least all the cars are going in the same direction)
I called David at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway and got some information on the track rental:

1) Weekday rental is $1,000 per day (Mon-Thursday); Weekend rental is $1,500 per day (Fri-Sun)

2) Ambulance charge (required) $450 per rental

3) Insurance: they only have liability on the track. So, I guess you are on your own. ( to call your insurance or be careful not to wreck your car on the track!) The insurance is covered by the S2KI for just the liablities (to protect me, the organizer from being sued by anyone!) As for damage to your own car is covered by your own insurance. *** As long this is NOT a timed event, and there are instructors on the track!***

4) Schedule: Are not set yet, until I hear from you all and decide. (Waiting for more than 20 people! and I still have not heard any suggestion on the dates) But there are still a lot of openings after March! But the weekends are filling up fast! We need to decide and reserve the track. Please help me on this one! We need more people involved to cut the cost down! I just can't afford to drop $2,000 by myself. And there is just no challenge driving by myself

5) Turning session: That's what he (David) calls it. Letting 6-10 cars on the track at once! Remember this track is kind of short, so we don't want too many on it at the same time and create traffic or accident. I like to have less than 5 on the track at the sametime)

That's $100 per person, It will be less when there will be more people. I'm not making any money from this! All the prices listed are quoted to me from David at Talladega (other than the insurance) If anything is coming out of the $50, which I doubt it, will be donated to the Atlanta S2000 Club (Into the founds especially for the track events).[/b]

We will separate experienced track drivers with the non-experience track drivers; fast drivers with slower drivers. If we rent the track, we will let everyone do a time trail to fit everyone in the right group to prevent accident and traffic.

Here is the link to Talladega website again! You can check out the track layout!
I need to get some respond from you guys and schedule a day to reserve the track!

http://www.tgprace.com/

List of people are interested:

-------S2000 owners-----------------------------------------------------
1>850-------------(Dennis)--S2000
2>S2KTroup-------(Brian)----S2000
3>Tims2k---------(Tim)------S2000
4>Sir Tom---------(Tom)-----S2000
5>Johnyboy32----(John)-----S2000
6>Mack-----------------------S2000------from TN
7>firsts2k---------------------S2000------from Al
8>S2000Kid------------------S2000
9>S2000kid's Dad-----------Supra
10>KigerShark---------------S2000 (may be in 2003?)

------Other Cars From Work and Other Clubs-------
11>Harry Brown------------------ (Corvette)
12>Todd Rice----------------------(Fiat 124???) and friends??
13>Barry Jenkins----------------(Mustang)
14>TTeaser-----------------------(Audi TT Coupe)

So far may be 14
Old 01-11-2002, 07:29 AM

If what state farm told me is true all we need to do to be covered by most insurance is get a couple of instructors out there and make sure that we are not timing the laps. I can call again to make sure but I believe that this what they told me. It also may vary by insurance company. I am not going to put my car into a position where it is not covered by my insurance.

I will call again next week and try and get more details on guaranteeing coverage at track events and let you know.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've driven the track a couple of times with the AL Region SCCA. It's alot of fun although my runs were in an AutoX setting so they slowed you down in certain area with cones/gates etc. I'd highly recommend a visit if you guys can work it out!
Old 01-11-2002, 09:22 AM

Thanks! S2KTroup,
Let me know what you find out later!

Mack,
Would you like to join us when we set up the event?? I'll try to find an opening on the weekend (Probably Saturday?) Any other racer in TN, Fla, Al, NC, and SC want to join us on this one??? (Please let me know!)Twenty people with $100 a piece will cover the track! 40 people will make it $50!! That's cheaper than a speeding ticket! I really don't want to get over 40 to crowd up the track time!
BTW, how's the surface of the Little Talladega track??? I heard it was very rough in the past (It will eat your tires like crazy??) Have they resurface the track???

To all,
I already have some people at work interested, because I usually don't get a large crowd from the loacal Atlanta S2000 group. The people from my work have different cars: Covettes, Integra, Miata, GS400(may be?), Porsche 911 (May be?). Since the track rental is for the whole day, we can separate into 5 or 6 different groups! So, let get at least 20 people Min. So we can start organizing this event!

[b]List of people are interested:
(go to top!)
Old 01-11-2002, 10:08 AM

If my car is ready (eithor car) at that time I'm very interested and I have to know a date/price so I can make plans ahead.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:25 AM

Tim,

Price and dates have not determined yet! It all depend on if we have enough (interest) people!
The track (with required ambulance) is around $2000!!! I'm trying to get at least 20 people and Max. up to 40. Dates are depend on YOU GUYS too! But we need to find out if we have enough to do this. I'll put your name down, when we get over 20 counts, I'll call and reserved the track. That's $100 for every car! If we have more people interested later the price will drop even more!
Old 01-11-2002, 11:52 AM

Put me down as a definite maybe. It sounds like good fun, but I am considering a weekend at RA and your trip down to Roebling...not to mention the Dragonball. All that might be a bit much for the soon-to-be-new-wife to handle.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:14 PM

S2KTroup,
Just talked to my friend Todd (Fiat club) this afternoon. he remembered running with the Alfa Romeo group before and they had insurance. He will let me know or give me contact on it, but I really doubt we are going to get it, just because I have a feeling that it will be expensive! Anyway, this track event should just be a fun Picnic event. We don't want to race each other! You can time yourself or have others to time you. Just for fun! It's like bunch of friend get together and go out and drive. So, just enjoy the drive. Remember this track is short, so you really can't pick up speed that easily. I will guess that you might get it up to may be about 80 MPH??? The turns are sharp and straight aren't long enough to top out speed. (I can't say that for the bikers, but they still need to slow down for the turns!) . After the experience I had done on the DE day at Road Atlanta. The group thing might be a lot different. As soon as we got the track reserved; which means pre-paid from everyone with a set DATE. I need information from everyone about the experiences they have on a race track to group people together!

This is how the head counts going to be:
If you have one car you pay for (one) for yourself!
If you have two cars (or more vehicles) and just yourself, you pay for (one) for yourself.
if you have 2-3 people and one car, you pay for (one); because only one driver for one car! (and you can still have passenger(s)

Make any sense??? So far for the price of (one) is $100 with you own insurance, until we have more people to bring down the price!
later!
Old 01-11-2002, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

850-

Thanks for the invite!

It would really all depend on the weekend. If i don't have another confilct I'd love to come! I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates!!

Thanks

Mack
Old 01-11-2002, 06:29 PM

Great! I'll put you down for now! Soon as I got around 20 or so deninite "Yes". I'll post some dates!

See if you can find others from TN to join??? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Track rental at Little Talladega Info!