Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Next autocross is 9/16

Old 09-09-2001, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next autocross is 9/16

Our next autocross is Sunday the 16th. It will be a Barbers Point NAS and if you want to participate I'd recommend you set aside the day. Registration is from about 9:00 and there is a technicial inspection required for the car. You'll be asked to take ALL the loose things out of the car so I usually do this before I head out to the track. There are 4 heats for the different classes and a stock S2000 runs in A Stock. We rotate the heats and this month AS runs last. The usual schedule of events goes something like this:

8:00 Track Set-up
8:30 Race / Work Registration, Tech Inspection, Track Walk
10:00 Track closed Drivers and Workers Meeting
10:30 Start Heat 1
Heat 1: A Street Prepared, BSP, CSP, ESP and FSP
Heat 2: D Street Prepared, STS, STR, SM
Lunch Break, Awards Presentation, Track Walk
Heat 3: A Prepared, BP, CP, DP, EP, Novices & all Modified
Heat 4: Super Stock, AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS and GS
Fun Runs: $1.00 per run, Passengers welcome with a Helmet.
Clean-up, Put away Cones

If you race you are required to take a turn on the course as a corner worker. This usually involves picking up cones knocked over by the other drivers.

Autocross is called Solo II by the SCCA and this does not involve wheel to wheel racing! It is a competition based on times you turn on a closed course that is defined by traffic cones. There is little danger to the car, though damage to the drivers ego is common. You can see some pictures and my review of our July autocross here. Fran is the driver in the first batch of pictures, and also driving the Yellow car in the last batch of pics. The person spinning in the middle batch is me

If you want to attend let me know and I'll give you more directions and a few pointers. Cost is $20 for non-SCCA members.
Old 09-09-2001, 06:03 PM

Man, My timing sucks! I got off today, and work next week. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 09-14-2001, 11:09 PM

Can you post directions to the event once we take the Barbers Point exit? Also, how long into the afternoon will the event last? Lastly, what classes are you running in - I assume AS is A Stock?
Old 09-16-2001, 01:44 AM

Well, since this is officially cancelled due to unfortunate reasons, when's the next one???