Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

!Official Venting/Political Opinions Thread!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !Official Venting/Political Opinions Thread!

DISCLAIMER - Absolutely NO SLANDERING THE US GOVERNMENT/MILITARY...you can talk about your opinions about it but they cannot be directed at an individual of power (ie: the President, your Commander, etc)...be mindful of what is said. And last but not least, they are opinions so dont go bashing or flaming someone cause their opinion is different than yours.

Other than that, have at it...

So, what does everyone think about President Obama's new focus on Immigration within the United States now that America is supposedly straying away from military operations in the Middle East?
For the past ten years, America has been solely concerned about interests in Iraq and Afghanistan that we have almost completely forgotten to actually focus on taking care of our own country. Shouldnt that always be our main priority?

I was looking at the national deficit which is $14 Trillion! So many people that I talk to agree with me on this that honestly, no one should make more than the President's annual salary of $200k. The most grossly overpaid are the professional athletes. Seriously, what do you need $25 Million for? Because you can hit or throw a ball? Any Joe Schmoe can do that if they train. If you cannot live off $200k a year, than you seriously need some budgeting help. I understand that millions of people attend and watch sports on TV which is where most of the revenue comes from as well as endorsements and advertising and they pay taxes just like us. But, if you were to take the difference of $200k a year and whatever their contract is worth and put that towards the national deficit or other places such as medical and science research or organizations/charities that will benefit from it greatly then America would be better off. I also understand that professional athletes do take part in charities and fundraisers and what not, but it gets promoted in the wrong way. Why not just do it cause you want to do it instead of having it televised and sponsored so money can be made off of it.

We have become a lazy country and media slanders and takes advantage of EVERYTHING because that is what America wants to see. When was the last time something good was aired on national television about the good things that are being done in the Middle East? Or is it, "In todays news, X number of military personnel were killed by a roadside bomb, ambush, etc in blah blah country" Or how its such an entertaining thing to watch a high speed chase end in Los Angeles and have the criminal get thrown to the ground by 9 LAPD Officers? How is that entertaining? I think that with all these reality TV shows being such a big hit is because America likes to see what their life is not like and compare themselves to the actors/actresses.

Im sure there are many other topics that are heated in my head but those are three that come to my mind directly...hopefully this thread takes off in a very good way...lets out your frustration, opens many areas up for discussion...i like hearing other peoples opinions
Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 PM

looks like no one wants to touch this with a 100 foot pole....
Old 05-24-2011, 12:55 PM

yea not even you...i am ashamed justin haha...i dont see what the problem is with people expressing their views and opinions? do people value their opinions that much to the point they become beliefs instead of a thought
Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 PM

I did not have an informed argument for most of what you said. I do enjoy watching high speed chases that end in the cops throwing the guy to the ground, whats wrong with that? He is an idiot who thought he could run from the cops and he got caught.....good.

I agree we need to focus more on our country, and wish the damn wars would stop so people would do more of that. When do we get so far in debt that our whole country collapses? I think to many Americans have too much faith in our system, and don't think we could ever fall from the top of the world.....